28 April 2009

Crazy 8's


I've been tagged! Duck from The Duck's big Ol' Blog of How to Build a Nest has tagged me - here are the rules.

Rules:
Mention the person that tagged you.

Complete the lists of 8's.

Tag 8 blogger friends, go tell them you tagged them...

8 Things That I'm Looking Forward To:

1. My basement renos being done.
2. Being able to leave a mess that no one sees when they enter my front door because all of our crap will be in the finished basement!
3. My second surgery to clean up the endo and assorted business in my ladyparts.
4. Summer vacation, I'm so done with grade one.
5. Having a new teaching partner 'cos I can't stand my current one.
6. Seeing leaves on all the beautiful trees around my house.
7. The end of the NHL playoffs so I can have normal conversations in the evening with my husband.
8. Not having to wear socks until next fall.

8 Things That I Did Yesterday:

1. Read blogs at work.
2. Made my class put their heads down because they just weren't listening.
3. Returned tax software that wasn't compatible with my computer.
4. Filed my taxes.
5. Talked with my crazy parents.
6. Ordered supplies for my classroom for next year.
7. Laminated. I love to laminate.
8. Walked outside in sandals and no jacket.

8 Things That I Wish I Could Do:

1. Get pregnant.
2. Give birth.
3. Practice yoga everyday without my body giving out.
4. Work part-time but make the same amount of money.
5. Eat whatever I want (not just the endo diet stuff, but the stuff I'm allergic to as well, I'd love to eat some scrambled eggs or salmon!).
6. Living in Paris for part of the year (and that's not Paris, Ontario folks!).
7. Not worry about money so much.
8. Stop being so damn envious of all my fertile friends.

8 Shows I Watch:

1. ER - I know it's cancelled, but I still can't let go
2. Decorating shows on HGTV - I love Sarah Richardson!!!! If I ever become rich she is totally going to design my entire house!
3. Cooking shows on FoodTV - I just discovered Gordon Ramsay and I'm hooked! I also love Iron Chef and Giada despite the fact that she got pregnant by "accident".
4. The Office (the American version) - I can't look away even though Michael Scott can be so unbearably strange!
5. Big Love -I'm fascinated by polygamy. I'm also fascinated by their reproductive prowess. Maybe I need a sister wife so I can have babies in my house. Then again, that would be a very bad idea.
6. Californication - I love David Duchovny, it's so smartly written and I love Hank's daughter, she's the kid I wanted to be when I was a teenager!
7. Jon & Kate Plus 8 - I can't avert my eyes! I also imagine that my kids are going to look like theirs, only with less money and no cameras
8. Saturday Night Live - I try to stay up, but I usually have to watch it the next day on PVR. I still think it's hilarious. Mr. JB things that NBC pays me to watch. It's a running joke at our house!


8 Favourite Fruits:

1. Mangoes
2. Blueberries
3. Strawberries
4. Avocadoes (they have a pit, so they're a fruit, right???)
5. Kiwis
6. Nectarines, but not peaches
7. Cherries
8. Lychees

8 Places I'd Like to Travel:

1. France (the parts I haven't been to yet with a LONG stop in Paris)
2. Italy (but not Rome)
3. Australia
4. Thailand (and do LOTS of yoga)
5. India (for more yoga)
6. Hong Kong
7. Scandinavia (I used to want to live in Sweden!)
8. Eastern Europe (Poland, Lithuania, Czech Republic [I've already been to Prague, but it's so beautiful!], the Baltic States)

8 Places I've Lived:

1. Etobicoke, ON, Canada
2. Mississauga, ON, Canada
3. Hamilton, ON, Canada
4. Winnipeg, MB, Canada
5. Ottawa, ON, Canada
6. Paris, France
7. Trois-Pistoles, QC, Canada
8. Toronto, ON, Canada

8 People I'm Tagging:

1. Sew
2. My Reality
3. This Cross I Embrace
4. All You Who Hope
5. Lifehopes
6. Jeremiah 29:11
7. Shinejil
8. Mrs. X



3 comments:

  1. Hey, dear! I've taken you up on your tagging offer.

    Thanks for your kind words. They really, really comforted me. I'm already feeling better.

    Hope you're doing well, physically and mentally today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Tagging. I don't know if I will play or not. Maybe. But I still love you even if I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started doing this yesterday and I didn't have 8 things I was looking forward too....And then I keep having someone tell me they need something. :) So though I am not responding, I am with My Reality, I still love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete