14 April 2009

Cabin Fever

In my post-surgery fog last week I couldn't imagine feeling cabin fever. Alas, a week later, I'm feeling it. Bad.

I guess it's an indication that my body is feeling better. I'm moving around almost like my pre-lap self and my energy levels are improving. Even after yesterday's eyebrow threading and walking around the outlet mall adventure I didn't take a nap (but I did fall sound asleep on the couch until 4am!). It's absolutely amazing how great I feel just knowing that all the excess hair from my face has been removed!

When I first woke up this morning after Mr. JB left for work I was overcome with panic. It reminded me of the days back in university when panic attacks took over my life for about six months. I talked myself down and fell back asleep. I think that I'm becoming a victim of being away from the world. I'm a social being. I thrive on the craziness of being a grade one teacher AND I also love feeling the energy of other people around me.

How did I ever think that I could be happy staying home? Then again, the staying home also involved being a mom. I wouldn't be bored if I had a baby to occupy my time, I'm sure.

But I digress. I am looking forward to going back to work on Thursday. I have decided to call my supply teacher and ask her if she can be "on call" for Friday just in case I need another day. I can't believe how much I miss my class and I know that they miss me. I'm sure that they're worried about how I'm doing. Whenever I know that I'm going to be away I tell them, but this time I've been away for over a week without an explanation. Don't worry, I'll be bringing them Easter treats to make up for it!

Again, my horoscope is spot on. Here goes:

Aquarius: When we dwell excessively on our problems, we lose perspective. Life then becomes perplexing and even depressing. Your best bet, at least for the time being, is to pay your troubles less attention.

So, instead of dwelling on my messed up ladyparts. I'm going to watch a movie (on DVD, I'm not brave enough to leave the house on my own today) and then perhaps I'll head to S.tarbucks and get myself a treat. But first I'm going to have some lunch. I should take advantage of having an uninterrupted, enjoyable lunch since I usually have to wolf down my food because of my teacherly responsibilities.

My goodness, how far I've come in a week!

p.s. I haven't stopped spotting since my surgery last week. AF arrived on April 4th and the day of my surgery (April 7th) I had very light flow, although I still had moderate cramps. I haven't stopped the Low Dose Naltrexone and I did take HCG last month so I was hoping that my period wouldn't have gone haywire already. All the surgeon did was take a look-see. Could the lap be causing the spotting? Or it is just the perils of endo?

Also, I haven't charted since the very start of my period. Should I bother? Since there is no way that I could possibly conceive until after my second surgery, should I save the stickers until then?

8 comments:

  1. as you've been referencing your horoscope lately I thought I'd share this with you...
    http://www.fertilityastrology.com/

    I came across her site via Tertia's blog http://tertia.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted for a while post-lap.

    I hope you have a fun day, with yummy treats and a peacefully ingested lunch. I'm glad to hear you're feeling more energetic and antsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling ready to go back out into the world.

    I'm a housewife/artist so I know how hard it can be being on your own all day. It took me a long, long time to get used to it. But now, it hardly bothers me. At least I know I'm prepared for when I become a stay at home mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when you are ready for Star.bucks and a stroll!

    I spotted for a while after all of my surgeries and I have had 4 on the girl parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was the eyebrow threading? I always think of trying that when I'm in the mall. Do you think it lasts as long or longer than waxing? :)

    I wouldn't bother charting on lupron. Wait til your first cycle after your second surgery.

    And what do you like at Starbucks?

    OH and also, Madeleine and I really like to get out every day and do something. We don't like to stay home all day either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better. Good luck on Thursday! I'm sure you will be glad to be at school, but it will probably wipe you out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should keep charting (he he he it's the practitioner in me) but only just to see how your body reacts and keeping track of the changes that are happening. If you don't want to use a sticker use colour pencils or markers ;)

    Glad to see your up and about. Hope you continue feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm happy to see you using "when" and "BFP" in the same sentence. :)

    I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete