26 April 2009

Crankypants JellyBelly *with updated crankiness


I'm so grumpy that I've decided to do my post in point form. So there.

1) Tax season sucks. I tried to finish off our 2008 taxes this afternoon (with the aid of a really helpful computer program) but I can't submit them because of lack of information on the part of the Canadian Revenue Agency. Now I have to call the government (which means being on hold forever) to get the info that I need. It sucks, especially since I spent almost four hours trying to navigate the government website just to figure out that I had to call. Argh.

2) I'm sick. Again. A kid in my class even said to me on Friday (in French), "Madame you are really sick. You should go home and go to bed." Very cute, but she was just as sick as I was and I'm certain that I have whatever bug she has!!! This is the fourth cold that I've gotten since September. I really hope that next year that I am not as sickly, if not I'm going back to teaching bigger kids!

3) My incisions have been hurting all day. I'm sure it has to do with all of the sneezing and coughing. I'm almost tempted to take some A.dvil because it's so annoying! I thought that I was supposed to be healing, not regressing!!!!

4) Because of my stupid cold we had to miss going to dinner with Mr. JB's high school friends. I was really looking forward to eating at the restaurant that we were meeting at AND we were supposed to visit my father-in-law afterwards. Instead, I stayed inside all day despite the warm weather yesterday. Mr. JB even wore shorts and sandals when he went to run errands while I laid the couch, sneezing.

5) I bought the cutest strappy wedge sandals today, but the strap is too loose! I wore them around my house today and I don't know if I can keep them. I'm going to my local shoe guy to see if he can take the elastic strap in a touch so I can wear them. Shoes usually make me happy, but in this case they're making me more grumpy.

6) I still haven't e-mailed or called the friend that called to announce her pregnancy. I haven't been able to decide whether or not to tell her about my endo and my second surgery. I really hate not being able to make a decision.

7) My anti-inflammatory diet is starting to annoy me. I hate that I can't just eat the things that I normally ate. Mr. JB is making me quinoa to eat with dinner -- which is pork roast and I know that pork is on the list of things that I can't eat, but honestly, how much chicken can a girl eat???? Apparently it looks like oatmeal. We would usually have mashed potatoes (my favourite!), but I can't eat those anymore either. And as tasty as almond butter is, it really sucked to eat it on a rice cake this morning for breakfast. Yuck.

8) I'm infertile and I have stage IV endo, adhesions, fibroids and ovarian cysts. I don't think that I need to explain that one.

9) Mr. JB went to my cousin's confirmation party yesterday and my entire family knew about my surgery. Part of me is relieved that I don't have to worry about telling them why we are still childless. Another part of me is pretty annoyed that my crazy mother blabbed to all of her siblings. My family loves to gossip which is the main reason why we didn't tell any of them about our IF struggles. Well, the cat is out of the bag on that one. Thanks mom.

10) I had to call my crazy mom this afternoon because my student loan tax info is still being mailed to their house (I haven't lived there in over 10 years and I have no excuse as to why I haven't changed my address). I asked her to open the envelope (which I'm sure she did anyway because she's always opened my mail) and when she saw how much I owed she gave me a lecture. Does she forget that I was in university for 10 years and that in the past four years I helped pay for a wedding, bought a car and a house. I'm also pretty bitter because my parents were not very supportive about my post-graduate studies. They actually gave me a lecture when I told them that I was applying to graduate school! I'm also bitter because they could've paid for a big chunk of my education, but they didn't like that I studied French at university. I'm sure that if I continued studying science that they would've paid for EVERYTHING, but I was "rebellious" and I got a degree that would never get me a job. Hmmm, obviously they were wrong since I've been gainfully employed as a teacher since 2000! So there!

11) I wish that I could go for a good run or a really difficult yoga class so I could take this negative energy and turn it into something constructive. I hate it that my body is taking so long to heal.

12) I hate the NHL playoffs. Why do they have to take so freaking long????

13) I want school to be done. Now.

14) I'd really like a BIG glass of wine, but I can't. Alcohol isn't allowed on my new stupid diet.

15) Our basement renos are supposedly starting in the beginning of May. Our contractor is a member of the family and he's not giving us a family discount. The quote he gave us is $2400 more than we told him we could spend. I refuse to spend that much since we're finishing the basement in an effort to up the resale value of our house. I want to move in 5 years. Spending almost $20 000 on a basement that I'm going to enjoy for 4 1/2 years just doesn't seem worth it. My basement is also full of junk and I haven't been able to clean it out and Mr. JB is painfully slow and easily distracted (see #12) so it's just not getting done.

16) I was invited to a baby shower that's being thrown for three of my former colleagues -- one woman was a birth controlling Catholic until she decided last summer that she actually wanted to have kids and got pregnant immediately afterwards. I can't go. If I were to go I would have a breakdown. Three pregnant women, two of which were married after me, would be too much for my IF brain to take. I have to come up with a good excuse, pronto!

I think that's it.

Sorry that I'm such a grump. Hopefully tomorrow is going to be a better day.

p.s. The cranky pendant can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=8165514
---------------------------------------------
Update:

I realized this morning as I was grumping around my house why I'm such a crankbox! This is my first month in almost a year where I am not on any sort of progesterone supplement! So I'm certain that I'm having fullblown PMS symptoms as well as some sort of hormone-deprived psychoses.  Mr. JB drove me to school this morning and I told him that I suspected that it was a lack of hormones that was making me nuts and he joked that he's going to have to get himself a helmet for when I'm on the L.upron! 

Don't worry, I laughed, I didn't hit him over the head with anything! 

10 comments:

  1. Ugh! That's a lot to deal with! But sometimes you just need to write a post like this and get it all out. I always feel better after I do.

    I hope your body starts producing some happy hormones soon. I swear I'm never really happy, just sometimes I have hormones shooting through my body that allow me to momentarily forget my misery. Haha! That is so sad!

    Well, I hope you feel better soon.. emotionally and physically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what AYWH said - I hope it feels good to vent! I know that always helps me. Sorry that you've got so much to deal with! I'm hoping and praying that you feel better soon. Summer is ALMOST here! You know these last weeks will fly by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugg I am so sorry you are so cranky!

    I loved your post! I can totally empathize with all of it!

    WHy are you on the diet again? Isn't living with endo enough! :) Eat some mashed potatoes girl!

    Sorry I missed your call yesterday! My DH and I were hanging out on the back patio drinking! ;) We never do that! ;) We were enjoying the nice day before we won't be able to be out side any more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking these diets too seriously isn't good either, this is how I approached it, if you REALLY want x y or z and continue to want it, and are suffering by denying yourself then have it (people smoke crack and get pregnant, I find we get way too serious with ourselves). So this means that I do have about 2 glasses of wine a week, and I like them :... sorry to hear your cranking I feel cranky too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear things are so frustrating right now! I was reading down your list and getting frustrated for you!!

    I don't mean to be a "bad influence" on your endo diet, but maybe you could allow yourself to splurge a little? If ever there were a time, now would be it, because your Dr. will be removing all that endo and it probably won't matter what you've eaten, right? At least that is what I said to myself before my surgeries. I still try to eat healthy, but allow myself the things I like in moderation. I tried the true endo diet for about a week and I almost died. (I applaud you for sticking with it this long!)

    I can't WAIT until your surgery!!!

    Also, I agree - DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT go to that shower! Maybe we don't always HAVE to provide an excuse ... just politely decline, and say "thank you for the invite, but I cannot make it."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with the devil-on-the-shoulder folk about letting up on the diet. If you're so rigid you become miserable, you're more likely to give it up entirely. Also, I would think that the restrictions are tailored to the problem in general - not to YOU. So if you have a glass of wine or two and feel fine, then you know you can have wine. (Ditto the potatoes. I have a sort of rule of reason about these things - no scientific basis, just my sense of fairness. If I can't have wheat, you darn well better bet I'm going to eat potatoes!)

    I'd be interested in hearing the precise contours of the diet (forgive me if you've already posted them - I don't remember seeing them). I don't have a prescribed diet, but I've decided I'm going to start keeping a log of what I eat and how I feel every day, because sometimes my tummy gives me more trouble than others and if there are a few things I can trim out or substitute, I *think* I'm willing to do that. (Last night, I had a tummyache and then ate some red pepper hummus with pretzels BECAUSE I WANTED SOME - and my tummy felt better!)

    Anyway. Sorry for the long comment.

    P.S. You are entitled to be cranky. Rant away. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, sounds like you're craving some deep comfort and support. Well, when it comes to support, you know that we're all behind you.

    It's hard with diets to know when you can give a little and enjoy something you really like. I know there are those with experience in managing endo with diet, but if you ask me, adhere really strictly to any regime like that will cause stress, which is also bad, right? So a few treats are actually good for you. :)

    I hope you feel better soon, and that those darned kids stop bringing insane bugs into your life! I've never been as sick as when my husband worked at a daycare for a year and a half. We were always coming down with something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that you're sick again!! Grrr, I hate being sick. I'm praying that you get well soon!!

    I totally believe in hormone detox problems. Every time, I've taken a month off or even a year, my body goes berserker just trying to figure out what to do.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be cranky all you want. You are more than entitled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I bet you are having some horrid PMS without progesterone! Oh honey, I am so sorry! I can totally understand! :)

    ReplyDelete