2 May 2009

Progesterone-Deprived Stupor

I never thought that I would miss HCG injections. I think back to August when I was absolutely petrified of having to stick myself and the tears that were shed at the thought of injections. But now after a month off of the fertility train, I miss it.

I miss the C.lomid that made my period last a perfect six days (although I don't miss the excruciating pain that it caused). I especially miss the progesterone that evened out my moods (damned PMS!!) and extended my luteal phase (I went from having 32 day cycles to 25!!!!). I also hate the endless brown spotting that will result in a painful period.

But the one thing that I miss is having hope. I know now that there is no way that I can get pregnant with the mess that is going on in my insides. I constantly hear my surgeon's voice saying, "You can stop all of the fertility stuff because you're not going to get pregnant with everything that's going on in your uterus!"

Ouch.

I feel like I'm loosing it. I can't seem to make a decision or do simple tasks that used to be so easy! I hate walking around in a fog. I'm so lucky that my students are still little that they don't notice that I've not been myself. I've had to send a congratulations e-mail to a girlfriend (I lamented about that last week) who called to announce her pregnancy and I just can't bring myself to do it. I've also decided to tell another girlfriend about my endo, but I can't seem to type the words out.

I'm an obsessive list maker. I love to accomplish things and I'm usually so efficient. Now I feel like I'm paralyzed.

I know that I just have to take a deep breath and get things done. It just sucks that all of the things on my to-do list today involve other people's babies! I really don't want to go to B.abies Are Us to get shower gifts for my old colleagues. I know that I'll burst into tears when I walk into the store. I don't want to hang out with Mr. JB's incredibly fertile cousins and grin and bear their cute babies, but I have to make an appearance because Mr. JB asked so nicely.

Is there an infertile island that I can retreat to until my surgery? I really don't want to see anyone that doesn't understand what I'm going through. Of course, all of you would be invited.

Btw, I'd like to request some prayers. My appointment with my surgeon is on Monday and I really need my surgery to be booked after the 4th of August so I can go away for the long weekend. And also, pray for Mr. JB. In my progesterone-deprived state he's had to bear the brunt of my craziness. God help him while I'm on L.upron!!!!

14 comments:

  1. I DREAM about an infertile island! I am constantly imagining it! Haha! I'm not kidding!!

    I am so sorry you feel like this right now. I pray that it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got my prayers.

    And don't worry we'll all go to IF island. We'll burn baby shower invitations for warmth and spend our days drinking alcohol and eating unpasturized cheeses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could slip you a progesterone suppository or two.

    I wish I could join you on that infertile island. I refuse to go into BRU. I pick what I want online and send Mr. Wonderful to pick it up. I can't do it. So I don't.

    And we have an extra bedroom if either you or Mr. JB need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just send a gift card or order online. Don't put yourself through a trip to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm well I hope it gets better, and as you know always here to chat with, if you ever need an ear for a good vent.
    Lots of prayers for monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, get them a Babies R Us gift card! (Or - what I do - go to their online registry, pick out an item, find it form 25% less on Amazon, and get free shipping - without ever living my favorite spot, in front of the computer!) And, can you negotiate with Mr. JB to do something else that will mean a lot to him that doesn't involve other people's babies? I have to agree with the other charming lady - if it kills you to do it, cut it out of your life.

    If I bugged you about this before, ignore me, but you can take non-prescription progesterone topically that might even out your moods (AND CHOCOLATE!). What would I do in a world without chocolate?

    Also, may I please spend some time on the infertile island? Maybe there's some uninhabited place in the Caribbean that we could, you know, borrow.

    Or - WAIT - there could be an "infertile" day at Disney World or Cedar Point or Six Flags or Marineland or something. Just for us infertiles! And no babies! Am I crazy? Because I suddenly think this is an ACTUALLY good idea, in the sense that it should be done.

    Anyway. Sorry you're feeling poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you! I'm sorry it's such a rough time. Let's go to infertile island together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I felt so bad for my hubby when I was on Lupron. I was a wild woman!

    Anyway, if you find the island, lemme know, okay?

    Sending some prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the infertile island idea!! I totally get stopping the Clo.mid but not the HCG until you're actually on Lu.pron. I say do anything that makes you feel better.

    You're in my prayers and I'll pray extra that your surgery doesn't mess up your long weekend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking BW weekend will be close to an IF island :)

    You are in my prayers, friend. I know how frustrating the "waiting for surgery" is - you feel helpless in the meantime, but aren't exactly anticipating being operated on, either. Just keep your eyes on the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can we please all pitch in and buy an island? Or at least a peninsula?? It would be fabulous! Imagine the fun we'd have...

    Sorry you're feeling out of sorts. Saying prayers for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waiting for surgery is the pits--especially the second surgery. I'll be praying, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let us know how it goes with your doctor! Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My only assvice is from my own experience. When I was reeling inside and out from the ectopic fiasco last fall, I, too, was constantly anxious about all the stuff I was letting slip. But then I saw that the fog, the ball dropping was all about my mind coming to terms, dealing with the sadness and anger and pain. It WILL pass and you will get back to old habits eventually. You might need to be in a haze for a bit, just doing the minimum required.

    Protect yourself. Can Mr. JB pick some baby crap online from these ladies' registries? Can you excuse yourself? Even if Mr. JB is asking sweetly, if you're in agony around these fertile myrtles, you're not doing yourself any favors.

    I'll be sending my warmest wishes and prayers to both of you.

    ReplyDelete