6 May 2009

Day One Down, How Many To Go?

So I've survived my first day on L.upron.

I don't know if I'm any more emotional or menopausal, but I did wake up for about an hour last night and I couldn't get back to sleep. I don't know if it was drug-related, or because Mr. JB was snoring up a storm. I also had some cramping which awoke my bowels (yay endo in the bowel!) and I had to get up to go to the bathroom. Not fun.

I also threw off the covers at one point, but I don't know if it was because I was hot from my heating pad/castor oil pack combo on my belly. I'm usually cold and we've turned the heat off so I need the duvet to sleep comfortably. I thought that I had a hot flash this morning, but I think it was all the teaching-related movements that I was doing. It's pretty hard to engage 20 6 year olds so I move around a lot!

The only thing I feel right now is absolutely exhausted and my bum is still a little sore where I was given the needle. We had a representative from the Knights of Columbus come over and sell us life insurance and I almost fell asleep at the kitchen table. I had to excuse myself and go upstairs!

I know that it's going to take time for the drug to take full effect, and I know that there will be side effects. I have to keep focusing on the fact that I will be having surgery in three months and I will no longer have to live a life of excruciating pain, and I may even be able to get pregnant. Imagine that!

I'm off to bed before I collapse on the living room couch. I really don't want to be subjected to more hockey playoffs. I definitely think that is making me more grumpy than the L.upron!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you: Lupron over hockey playoffs any day!

    I hope the symptoms stay manageable. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that the shot is there - I remember being tired too after my shot, and sometimes the ovaries hurt about a week later, and then stillness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't have many symptoms! Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete