24 May 2009

My husband has a death wish...

...or he has no short-term memory.

Let me set the scene once again: We're pulling into the driveway after mass. He's going to a charity golf tournament and I have to pick up some more avocados because I'm making guacamole for my best friend's son's birthday party. He's rushing in to have something to eat before he leaves so I ask him to throw some rice into the rice cooker so I can eat when I get home.

For those of you that don't know the beauty and ease of a rice cooker, let me tell you making rice is as easy as toasting bread. The ENTIRE process takes about two minutes tops.

Well even before Mr. JB gets out of the car he starts to huff about how he doesn't have any time to do it.

And I lost it.

He did take full responsibility for the almond milk fiasco of Friday morning, but honestly can he really forget a blow-out like that in two days????

He could've taken his bagel, sliced it and put it in the toaster then made rice, but instead he chose to pick a fight.

For a man that is usually so helpful and easy-going, he's really making it hard for me not to kill him.

So instead of going to my favourite grocery store I'm still trying to compose myself. I'm ready to strangle the next person that gets in my way.

I'm pretty convinced that this isn't L.upron-related rage, it's marital stupidness.

I didn't yell at him yesterday when I discovered the ridiculous, disgusting mess that was in our vegetable crisper. He insists on putting away groceries, but never checks to see if there is anything spoiled in the refrigerator. I cleaned it all up, threw all the rotten food out and then proceeded to reorganize underneath the kitchen sink.

I really hope that he finds some sense in the near future or one of us isn't going to make it to August 4th!

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure we don't have the same husband???

    Mine isn't so wonderful right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's lupon rage. :) I am so sorry. I really, really am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaked out yesterday because Mr. duck likes to "soak the dishes" before cleaning them - resulting in me having to put my hands into DIRTY GROSSS water and clean same dishes 14 hours later... he's usually great - maybe it's the heat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had a tough morning. I hope the rest of the day was better. I'm sure your husband just wasn't thinking and really didn't remember Friday morning. Men really are clueless sometimes! Hopefully he gets a clue now. ;o)

    ReplyDelete