22 May 2009

Explosions

I know that the name of my blog indicates that I seem calm. Most of the time I am. At school I hardly raise my voice (except for this morning when I had to explain, very sternly, the importance of proper behaviour during a fire drill). I've practiced yoga for ten years. I'm pretty good at meditating (I usually end up saying Hail Mary's since my mind sometimes wanders!). 

I have also been pretty surprised at my L.upron side-effects. One of my colleagues who knows about me taking the drug said that I haven't changed at all, which was a HUGE relief! I have been more tired, my skin broke out at first, but that is even subsiding, and my boobs have been a bit sore. All in all, nothing worse than the crazy pre-HCG PMS that I used to suffer through.

Well this morning I absolutely lost it on Mr. JB. Granted, he deserved it. 

Let me set the scene: We were both in the kitchen and I noticed that I was out of almond milk. I really hate going to the basement cold storage (this was the case even before the renovations started) so I asked him to get it for me. He started to grumble because he knows the mess that is in the cold storage -- all his doing, he's not a very organized person and when he packed some of our stuff away in that room there was no forethought at all. He normally goes to the basement to get things for me, but this morning he grumbled away because he realized how big the mess is (he discovered how bad his disorganization was affecting him because he had a hard time finding beer at the bottom of the pile of crap that he created!). 

When he started to grumble at me I exploded. As in full out yelling and throwing things around, exploded. I'm already frustrated that I can't eat PB & J in the morning or raisin bread or bagels because of the stupid endo diet that I'm on. I also really don't care for almond milk either, but I'm supposed to cut down on my soy consumption. So really his grumbling just set a whole minefield off. But of course, I don't just get angry I start to cry. And lately when I start to cry, I have a hard time stopping. I'm getting teary eyed when other teachers compliment my student's work! 

Anyhow, after making him feel really guilty I calmed down, reapplied my make-up and went to work. Lucky for my class that I'm holding it together a little better now. 

I know that I would've gotten angry at him regardless, but I probably wouldn't have swore at him and banged around my kitchen (although I have been known to throw things in the past). 

On a positive note: I can't believe how much our contractor has done! All of the framing is up, some of the wiring AND the washroom has been started. They also brought in some of the drywall yesterday. 

Please send prayers friends, I really hope that I can keep my temper at bay until August 4th

6 comments:

  1. lu-pron madness. makes things that normally you can understand, and do not mind that much and turns it into well a full out madness (or at least that is how I experience it). I have been reading about bee propolis and endo - and apprently it is good - we should get together soon. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a complete mess. i think it might be an out of body experience for you, that is your normal self is getting away from the lupron madness.

    In my very humble opinion, honey your endo can't get any worse, eat what you want. Seriously, the diet is for the birds you have enough going on. Just concentrate on trying to survive lupron.

    I am so sorry! What time on August 4th? Have you checked flights? U still thinking about flying to M town? Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! Hang in there. I'm not taking any lupron and that's how i react! Maybe i should start on yoga...it just looks so hard and I'm to hyper to just sit there, plus i'm so not flexible. Okay I never exercise, my back is going to bitch at me soon watch, i'll be complaining soon in no time!! okay nuff about me, I'm praying for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need to vent or get out for a bit, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that you're going through so much with the meds, diet and all. I agree with Sew about eating what you like. We use almond milk as our main milk as I too am trying to not have as much soy. I thought about giving up my soy creamer in my coffee and then I thought that I'd rather have more cramps than have to give up coffee the way I like it.

    Hang in there - I'm definitely praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know just what you mean - there's always a provocation, it's just not ADEQUATE provocation. Although it always seems that way at the time!

    I could never do that with the almond milk. I always have to come up with little bribes (i.e., the expensiver and tastier item of healthy food) to make myself alter my diet - and if I want to change habits, I have to do it sustainably. (I.e., I'll start by brushing the teeth an additional time every day, and if that sticks, I'll another step after a few months. If I take it all on at once, it will last six months, tops, and then I'll quit.) But, I just couldn't never have another bagel. Or raisin bread! You are very brave. I don't suppose there's something you reaaally like that's not forbidden by the diet that you could eat for breakfast instead? Oatmeal? Fruit? Lox? Oh! Oh! Have you had that puffins cereal? I think it's gluten-free, and it's so tasty! They sell it at T.rader Joe's and in some supermarkets. Oh, but you can't have MILK. Hmm...maybe you could eat it without?

    ReplyDelete