11 May 2009

What were we thinking????

Oh my good Lord.

Our contractor, five months late, is starting work on our basement on Wednesday. Not only do I have very little energy, but Mr. JB is now sick. He almost never gets sick and the poor guy has been trying to empty out our basement of all the junk with little help from me. I'm having a hard time bending and picking stuff up because it makes me too dizzy (yet another fun side effect of L.upron).

We've filled up our neighbour's garage. Our office is packed to the gills and our guest room is mostly full, but we have to save a path to the bed because my father-in-law is staying over tomorrow night.

I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed, but I don't function well with disorder and mess.

I need prayers and perhaps a free storage locker. Or better yet, a time machine that would propel us to our post-renovation basement.

This is temporary. I have to keep telling myself this. And at the end of all of this I will have a beautiful basement where only some of the stuff that has been taken out will return.

Please pray for my sanity folks. If isn't IF that's going to get me, it will definitely be home renovations!

p.s. I'm growing a couple of HUGE pimples right now. One is smack dab in the middle of my chin, the other is in the centre of my right cheek. What is up with that???

7 comments:

  1. I don't know for sure, but at a guess: hormones.

    In re: renovations - I know they take different people in vastly different ways. I survive clutter fairly well, and I am always excited about PROJECTS. I don't suppose I can vicariously be excited through you that your basement will soon be fabulous? You'll share pictures, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. We've been living in the midst of renovations for five years now. I soooo know what you're talking about!! We just had our countertops put in--what--two weeks ago? That was the last big thing--now it's just trim and painting and things like that. I think you guys are so smart to hire the contractors! I hope that they work fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggg!!!! Shoot me in the head! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUCK, sorry to hear about the basement - but it will be done soon :). pimples = lupron - at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pYUCK, sorry to hear about the basement - but it will be done soon :). pimples = lupron - at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our renos will start next week. We have so much stuff, most of it is out and the two extra bedrooms are full. If you can figure out a way to make a free storage locker appear, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I borrow your time machine and fast forward to the day when this IF suffering is over?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete