24 October 2011

A Post Where JellyBelly Tries to Find the Positive In Every Situation

I have never been so glad to have AF arrive! The only other time in the past six years of IF that I was this excited was when she returned after the horrible months on L.upron. I think that I jumped up and down when she arrived that day because I feared that she was never coming back!

My body barely made it to Peak +7 today, but I got to the lab early enough that AF wasn't at her full force. Sorry for the TMI, but this is an infertility blog, and now I don't have to worry about any more blood draws! Yay!

I have decided that I am not going to complain since this morning's blood draw wasn't too bad and I also decided that until my surgery I am going to focus on the good things, regardless of how difficult it will be. 

I left my house at the ridiculous hour of 6am so I could get to the lab SUPER early. When I finally got there I was the sixth person in line and it wasn't even 6:30am! The biggest worry for me this morning was explaining to the woman at the desk that the blood had to be shipped. The tech that actually took my blood didn't seemed too concerned that I didn't have a Canadian requisition, although I did tell her that my Napro doctor would be faxing one later on in the day.

Everything seemed to work out since I got a call from the lab verifying that I wouldn't be returning for my Peak +9 blood and that they could ship the blood that they had. I'm thinking that the lab in Omaha is going to get the most important blood -- the Peak +7 vials -- since that is when they test for thyroid function as well as all the other hormones.

The best thing about getting to the lab so early was being done early too! I was at my school by 7:30am and I was able to get a whole bunch of stuff done. I don't know why I was so worried about being late for school! 

There was a glitch with the blood I had taken in NJ, but I'm not going to complain about it here. Let's just say that I am very grateful that TCIE is my friend and that she has my back -- I owe you one (or maybe a few) jars of pickles!

So I think that I've jumped the last hurdle before my surgery. All of my pre-op testing that I had to do before Omaha is done and we've figured out how to get payment to the hospital when we get there (thank God for being able to increase credit limits!). I need to get through the next four days of teaching and planning and then I can focus on our journey and my surgery.

I feel like I've been running the LONGEST race of my life. I think that I may cry tears of relief when I'm finally on the operating table!

p.s. The new Col.dplay CD came out today! Mr. JB got it for me after school and I was like a giddy schoolgirl all day! I've been listening to this song over and over again since it came out:

9 comments:

  1. I agree! In many ways, the surgery day is a big relief!

    I am getting SO SO SO excited to see you!!!!!!! I can't use enough exclamation points to convey my excitedness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND think of all the points you'll earn on your credit card! :) Glad AF at least came at a convenient time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CS: I totally forgot to blog about that angle! So true! I should be able to go on a really good trip after charging $20K on my Visa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, LOVE the positive title!! ;) I'm so glad you have another thing you can mark off your list!! STAY POSITIVE pretty lady!!!! :):)

    Praying for you tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for the blood draws being over! That whole process is a pain in the arse. I once had to have a blood draw on a Saturday in a snow storm. Luckily, our neigbor had a hummer to drive us over to the hospital.

    Yes, surgery day will be a big relief. And the nurses there at the hospital where he operates are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE GLITCHES!!!!


    Seriously. God knew what He was doing when He gave me IF. You've never met a more impatient person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're done with blood draws! One small hurdle DONE!!!
    It feels great to be positive, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up here. Wow, our post-peak phases sound very similar! Fun stuff haha. I am glad things worked out even with all the craziness. Reading the next update...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    Carpet Sale Dubai

    ReplyDelete