3 November 2009

Yoga Retreating and Real Life

I'm still alive. 

I wasn't kidnapped by some chanting yogis last weekend, nor did I run away to an ashram to deepen my practice (although I have considered doing so in the past).

The weekend was amazing. It was exactly what I needed. I got to be quiet, reflective and spend time in nature. The fall, although colder, is such a beautiful time of year. I love watching the leaves change. 

The best part of my weekend was that I didn't have to be "Infertile JellyBelly" all weekend long. We talked about our lives, our work, our yoga practice, and most of all food. The food at the retreat was phenomenal! I was more than a little sceptical since I do love to eat meat, but the vegetarian dishes that were prepared for us inspired me to cook! I even bought the cookbook and I can't wait until the weekend so I can pick up the ingredients to some of the dishes that we ate! 

It's been a long time since my body felt strong and healthy. I did take it easy, but I did partake in two hour long hikes in pretty hilly terrain. I also took one nap, but that's to be understood. 

My favourite part of the weekend was Sunday morning. I got up early and I got to practice while the sun was rising. I spent quite a bit of time just sitting on my mat and feeling the sun on my face. I could almost feel the sadness and frustration of the past few months melt away. 

I'm still waking up with a low grade fever and I'm still feeling achy. I've been taking so much A.dvil that I'm glad that I buy it at C.ostco! I really hope that these antibiotics kick in soon. I'm also pretty out of whack because of the time change. One would think that one little hour would be nothing, unfortunately my internal clock is super sensitive.

I wish I could take a nap, but I would have 22 little people who wouldn't be so happy about that! 

8 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that you had such a great and relaxing weekend. You'll definitely have to share some of those recipes. I hope that those antibiotics kick in soon and the infection finally goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad you were able to get away from things for a bit :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful, I love yoga and I love the sun on my face. Looks like i won't feel the sun on my face for a while, but I hope to be doing more yoga through the winter. Really happy the sadness has been melted away, if only for a while. Good luck with the cooking this weekend, let us know how it goes. What was the name of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the ideal weekend. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you had a good time and got to recharge and regroup a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad to hear that your weekend was just what you needed. I pray that you will fully recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? self leveling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    PVC Flooring

    ReplyDelete