13 November 2009

Hello old friend....

She's here.

Well, at least I saw dark brown this morning.

Definitely deserves a sticker on my chart (yes, TCIE & FJIEF I am officially back to charting!!!).

I hooted when I went to the bathroom this morning.

My noisy new neighbours must think I'm nuts, but who cares?

No cramps, although I took some A.dvil this morning as soon as I saw that my period was starting.

I don't remember ever being cramp-free.

Ever.

Btw, I've been feeling so down because I had convinced myself that I had Premature Ovarian Failure and that I had no more eggs and that I was definitely barren. I didn't blog about it because I felt a little crazy. So I'm feeling so much relief.

Today I was at an all day religious business-related meeting. I sang in the choir (which is one of my favourite things to do). As I sat listening to the mass the light was shining through the stained glass windows and I knew it was a sign. I've been asking for a sign from above for a LONG time.

My hope is renewed.

It isn't a coincidence that my meeting was today and that my period started on the same day. It wasn't just another Friday.

Now I can't wait to see what it's going to be like.

Will I have pain? Will I be able to function? Will I need my heating pad for the next week?

Who would have thought that after all these years of infertility that I would be so excited about getting my period!

Irony of ironies, eh?

p.s. Thanks for all of your encouragement in the recent past. I wouldn't have been able to get through the last little while without all of you!

15 comments:

  1. If I can remember correctly after surgery I did have pain with my period. It was different type of pain though. I think my first O after surgery just about killed me. :) It hurt. :)

    But I do believe your period will be significantly different! :)

    I am so glad you are bleeding! Can I get a I GOT MY PERIOD PARTY high five up in here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I wanted to say what a beautiful sign!

    Kissed by the Son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I dropped out and so so glad that she's here already! NO POF for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, its so nice to see a sign and be able to recognize it. Feeling like your moving in the right direction is such a good feeling. So happy you got your period!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that your cycle is finally starting fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOO HOO!!! For charting...hehehehe. No, I am SO EXCITED AF is here! Time to get moving!!! Are you going to do any mucus enhancers this cycle or just see where things are...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, she's BAAAAAAACK!!! Yay!!

    My heart has been bleeding for you the past several months... as we all sit around whining about failed cycles, I KNEW you were probably beating your head against a wall just waiting for A CYCLE so you could jump back on the wagon.

    And I am THRILLED that there are NO CRAMPS! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is amazing how exciting this is!

    Now that she is back, I hope she soon leaves again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    PVC Flooring

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    PVC Flooring Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. PVC Flooring Dubai

    ReplyDelete