11 July 2010

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

So we returned from our mini-vacation late last night. It was tough to leave since the weather was so perfect yesterday, but we knew that we wanted to wake up in our own bed this morning.

It was great fun to hang out with my fertile bf and her family, but as the other guests (who, of course, had little children) started to trickle in I started to feel more and more barren. It got especially difficult when my fertile bf's husband's friends showed up with their cranky toddler (who didn't stop crying the ENTIRE time she was on the island!). It's one thing to be around my bf's adorable baby (for those of you who are my FB friends, I took some super cute photos of baby H!).

Tomorrow is the first day of my summer job. I'm pretty anxious about having to commute into the city since I've always driven to work. I always get nervous when I have to follow train timetables! I bought my transport card this evening and I have my train schedule in my wallet. It's surprising that I'm so anxious, but I think that it's definitely another example of my adrenal fatigue!

Btw, I've been busily collecting saliva for my adrenal test. I can't believe how hard it is to produce so much saliva! I was half asleep when I did the first collection because I stayed up watching the N.ext F.ood N.etwork S.tar instead of going to bed when we got home. I'm feeling pretty silly right now since we ate dinner so late that I have to stay up to 11pm to do my last collection. Needless to say I'm so excited to see what they find!

I'm slowly catching up on all of your blogs. I was able to read your blogs, but I didn't have very much alone time so I could post comments. Now that I'm going to be spending a couple of hours a day on the train I will have plenty of time to catch up!

I need to do my dreaded ironing for tomorrow morning. Urgh, it is my least favourite chore, but I don't want to show up all messy looking tomorrow!

p.s. Could you please say a quick prayer for our friend, M? His dad passed away last week after a short illness and is having a hard time with it. His dad was a retired principal and he taught quite a few of my friends. He was a good Catholic man and will be sorely missed.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new summer job! I'd be nervous riding the train too. I'd be on guard to make sure I get on the right train and get off at the right stop.

    My hubby and I are planning a little mini-vacation ourselves in Aug when I'm through with classes and before s.ting starts. I think it's what I'm going to need. Your trip sounded fun..crying children and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also playing a bit of catch up with the blog....looks like we have both spend the last week or two with other peoples children.....made me feel barren too! I'm so happy to have you back and good luck driving into the city........I'm sure you will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will pray for your friend's father and his family. Good luck with your commute and your job! (What will you be doing? If you've already explained and I forgot, I'm sorry.)

    Glad you had a good time on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Misfit! I'm going to be helping donuts re-rewrite of the curriculum I teach. It's a government gig so it's well paid and only three weeks. My first summer job since I started teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your summer job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! And yes, good luck with your new position. I'd be a wreck riding the train too! Will also pray for the teacher who passed away. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad the trip was fun.

    I hope your summer gig goes by quickly - just think about the new kitchen! And you know, I want to hear all about those plans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    wool sisal rugs Dubai

    ReplyDelete