In order to survive yet another Mother's day, I came up with some so-so creative ways to cope with the looming sadness.
So here's my list:
1) Mr. JB and I ushered at our mass. I didn't have to worry too much about the Mother's blessing since I was standing at the back handing out bulletins to the people who were leaving early (What is up with that???).
2) We bought some new floor mats for the new car. I also got some wipes so I can compulsively clean the black interior that shows every speck of dust! Mr. JB thinks that I'm nuts, but I'm not getting a new vehicle until this one is paid off (which means FIVE MORE YEARS), so it's going to be spotless.
3) I got a S.tarbucks treat. I usually only go once a week since I don't want to go bankrupt. It was tasty. If I ever win the lottery I would have a 'bucks built in my house so I could have one whenever I want.
4) I took a two hour nap after watching last night's S.NL with Betty White (it was on the PVR, I can never stay up to see it all live!). It was hilarious, btw! It surprises me that I can sleep so long after getting a full night's sleep -- yes, I'm going to have my thyroid checked.
5) I went to TWO yoga classes. It was awesome and Mother's Day was barely mentioned.
6) I practiced driving standard in Mr. JB's new car. After we ate dinner at my parents' house my dad and I went around the neighbourhood. He's not the most patient teacher, but I didn't do too badly and I actually drove around their subdivision. I did stall the car a couple of times, but I made it to fourth gear once! I told Mr. JB that I'm going to take the car for a spin by myself next weekend. We'll see how that goes.
7) I'm eating really tasty almond brittle. It's almost as good as chocolate and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Mr. JB promised, yet again, that I will be a mother by next Mother's Day. I wish that I could believe him with my whole heart. It was also a tough day for him as well. Mr. JB lost his mother 20 years ago and although he said that he didn't miss her more, it still hurts.
I'm so glad that when I wake up tomorrow that it won't be today any more.
p.s. I'm so glad that "big fat donkey balls" was so amusing to so many. For some strange reason I think of donkey's gonads when I'm really upset. I know, I'm strange.