13 June 2009

Yet another example of why I wish I was a hatchling

Dear God in heaven please help me.

We just got back from my uncle's 65th birthday lunch. Of course my crazy parents were there. My mom was all excited because some old friends were in attendance. My insensitive mother in her attempt to make conversation said:

"Oh JB ask her how many grandchildren she has!"

To which I responded, "Well mother perhaps you should've had more children if you wanted to so many grandchildren."

I know, quite bitchy of me, but honestly how insensitive is she???? Her infertile, only daughter who has stage IV endo and is awaiting a pretty intense surgery. She knows how much we want to have children and she makes a crack like that!

Oh yeah, I also had my first hot flash this morning during yoga class. I thought that I was just getting warm from exertion, but alas I was mistaken. I think I've had two more since. It wasn't as bad as I imagined, but I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

I need a drink.

Fast.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your mother is being so insensitive. I can definitely understand why you said what you did. I hope your hot flashes aren't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your comeback. IF is so awesome how it makes you feel so alone and then when you tell people about it they just make you feel more alone.

    I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you're mom's not more sensitive about this. Insensitive relatives are definitely worse than the ignorant strangers. Seriously can't they all just google infertility etiquette and memorized it? God helped me out by helping my mom get it a little more recently. I'll pray that God does the same for your mom.

    Here's hoping that the hot flashes don't get worse. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sorry that you had to deal with that. I HATE these moments! They seem to pop up when you least expect them. I have even started to hate the "pity" that my friends have given me recently. I appreciate their concern and their sensitivity, but sometimes I just don't want to hear anything at all. Know what I mean?

    Hang in there... you're almost done with school!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you stood up for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's good that you gave it right back to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, that SUCKS!!!! :( Poopy on your mom for being so insensitive! I like what you said in response though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if your mom was just not thinking rather than being passive-aggressive or deliberately inconsiderate - I think you get further by calling her attention to it than suffering in silence. Now she knows that she has to take account of your feelings - or she's going to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good comeback, but it stinks that you needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about that comment.

    I totally remember hot flashes - and night sweats. Fun fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you sure our mothers aren't related?

    My mom pulls that shit all the time. When I went through my ectopic mess, my mom called me crying because she was so upset because now she wasn't going to be a grandmother. I hung up on her.

    ReplyDelete