22 June 2009

Four

More sleeps, that is.

I just got in from attending my old school's grade eight graduation. I attending with many mixed emotions. As most of you remember, leaving my last school was difficult. The class that graduated this evening was an incredible bunch of children. I had fun teaching them and they genuinely enjoyed learning.

When I walked into the parish hall this evening the kids ran to the doorway to greet me. I felt like a rock star! I felt so appreciated and loved (and many of the kids and their parents told me as well) which was great. One of the moms even told me that she wanted me back and that things just weren't the same without me.

Honestly, melt my heart!

Our basement is almost done. Our contractors finished up the painting today and we are awaiting the installation of our carpet at the end of the week. It looks incredible!!!! When I did laundry this past weekend I was overjoyed at the fact that I had a beautiful new laundry room. Now I get to go on a search for shelving and one couch (I.kea here we come!!!).

The temperature was positively boiling here today. It was 30C according to my car's thermostat. We can't turn on our A/C until we give the house a thorough cleaning because it's so darn dusty! It seems like the hotter the weather is, the more frequent my hot flashes are happening!

Five more weeks until surgery. Oh God, it can't come any sooner!

7 comments:

  1. Yay for only four more sleeps! Hang in there, you're going to make it! That's so nice that you got the appreciation that you deserve tonight! I'm praying for a cool spell for you... Don't know if it will work but can't hurt to ask. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story about seeing your old students. We teachers need these moments to get us through the rest of the time!! So glad to hear that you felt appreciated and loved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 39 more days til we meet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool that the basement is *this close* to being finished. The a/c will make a huge difference, I bet. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be an awesome teacher to get that kind of response. That's so sweet of the kids/parents to show they miss you :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 more sleeps!!

    That's so wonderful that your old class showed you so much appreciation!! That must have felt wonderful!! Just what you needed!!

    So cool about your laundry room. I'm green with envy, I have to use our apt common laundry room and just hate it. Bah!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to wander Ikea. Maybe we can make an evening of it?

    ReplyDelete