18 June 2009

Prayers please!

I wouldn't normally ask for prayers for a field trip, but I definitely think that I'm going to need some tomorrow. I'm taking my crazy class to a farm tomorrow! We've only been on one field trip and it was to watch a concert. They were easy to handle in a contained space, but tomorrow they're going to have a lot of space to move and get lost!

I also need prayers because I don't know how much more patience I have for my crazy teaching partner. I sat through her going on and on about how she basically bosses the principal around (not true, he's not the type of guy that gets pushed around by anyone) and how great of a teacher she is. I know that she must have some serious self-esteem issues if she has to hear herself talk about how great she is, but it is so hard to take, especially when I hear her yelling at her class all the time. I almost cried when I split up my class for next year. She's moving up to grade two and half of my students are going to her. Those poor kiddies are going to get really freaked out when she yells at them on a daily basis. I've mentioned before, I'm not a yeller. I know that kids don't respond to yelling. Yelling to them means that they get to be louder. My teaching partner doesn't realize that.

She also rings an old fashioned teacher's bell (like the one that my elementary school teacher used to ring outside at the end of recess) in her classroom to get the kid's attention. Their poor ears!

Only six more teaching days left. I'm barely holding it together. The hot flashes are getting worse and I'm not exactly emotionally stable. I started to cry last night because Mr. JB was going to listen to the i.P.od while I was watching something on the F.ood N.etwork!

Thank God our basement is almost done and I can put my house back together.

Gotta go, I'm feeling a wave of heat overtake me. I need an icepack. Fast!

Argh!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Will pray right now. Sorry about the lupron side effects... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree,....yelling doesn't work and one loses ones voice and that is not worth it either. I've learned to talk quietly...the children then have to be quiet to hear what I am saying. It's so funny! I can't believe you are not on summer break yet...when do you start in the fall????

    Are you almost done with those pills? I pray to our Holy Father I won't have to do Lupr.on. That stuff scares me...sounds like you are handling it okay but it isn't fun...but then again...what part of IF is fun? Well,,,maybe the "lovin"...but other than that.....hmmmm?????? Good luck on your field trip tomorrow. Lord willing the children will enjoy the animals and all they have to offer. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying here, too! I'm so glad you have only six more days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just prayed for you and will pray tomorrow as well. Hang in there, you'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you prayers for a good field trip! How many students are you taking? Sorry to hear about your crazy co-worker. It's tough to be around those kind of people at work - you can't escape them!

    I have recently learned how effective it can be to speak quietly to my students. I am loud by nature and generally speak loudly when I'm teaching. But it's really true that they listen better the softer you speak. Especially when I'm trying to get their attention.

    Good luck with the hot flashes! You must be sooooo ready for summer and to move forward with your surgery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're facing all this. I hope once the house is again a calm, organized sanctuary and the school year is over, you can get some moments of peace.

    The sauna that is summer has kicked in and I've been addicted to those fruit pops made with real fruit. I'm sending you a virtual one (allergen-free, of course) to stave off the evil hot flashes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Field trips always make me nauseas. You have to count and recount to make sure everyone is in the right place and there's always one who wants to wander off. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way right now!!! I really hope your day is going well!! Only 5 more days, you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One week left . . .

    Just keep saying that!

    ReplyDelete