7 June 2009

Nothing much to report



I'd much rather be watching the Eiffel Tower, but instead I'm watching my one of my favourite movies, A.melie and trying to come up with enough gumption to get to my report cards. Part of me just wants to make up the marks, but I have a ton of stuff to mark and I think that I should at least try to mark the stuff to see if my guesses are right. In almost eight years of writing report cards I'm seldom wrong.

I've spent most of the weekend procrastinating. I spent most of yesterday dealing with laundry and the ramifications of a leaking pipe underneath in the laundry room (I fixed it Sew, all by myself!). I didn't get to work on my reports until 9pm!

After mass today I went on a search for brackets for my red leaf lettuce planters. I had to go to three different stores until I found them! I had no idea that it would be so difficult. I ended up at the most beautiful garden centre in my neighbourhood. I could've spent the entire day walking around and getting ideas for our outside space, but I had just bought chicken at the grocery store and I didn't want it to go funky in my back seat.

So I've vacuumed, dusted and changed the runner on my kitchen table, and not I have to get to work. I'd much rather take a nap or bake something or even re-organize my sock drawer. I do have to be thankful for something: report cards are a great distraction from infertility!

Btw, I mentioned to Sew on the phone yesterday that my period was painless. God bless L.upron! Will life be like this post-surgery? If the answer is yes, I am definitely looking forward to it!

Before I sign off I wanted to post this photo that I took when we were
in Normandy last summer. I know that I'm a day late but I wanted to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the D-Day Landings. The American Cemetery in Normandy was truly a magnificent sight to see. If you haven't been, you must go. Although I learned about the great wars in school, I didn't understand the magnitude of the lives lost until I saw the thousands of white crosses in that cemetery. God bless them all.


p.s. I wish I knew how to turn the volume off of my little video clip. The female voice is not mine, it's my friend J who is talking to Mr. JB. I'm so embarrassed that he's talking about being drunk in Parry Sound. Ooops!

5 comments:

  1. You have done more than I have done this weekend!

    We had a leak under the kitchen sink this morning. It wasn't fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would we do without domestic distractions? I've surrounded myself with them lately. I think it's helping me to feel more like a woman while I struggle so much with all this fertility crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you procrastinate by cleaning! You're way better than me: Instead of working on my writing stuff (both paid and academic), I'll blog, Fbook, look up weird things about the Middle Ages, etc.

    So glad you didn't have pain! Yippee! I hope this is just the first of many good developments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad you had a break from the pain. Hey, we have to take the good things when they come, right?

    Yes, your pain will be much better after surgery, I have no doubt. I hope it goes away completely!!

    Sometimes cleaning house can be the best way to get yourself going b/c you can actually see the fruits of your labor. The more productive you feel, the more productive you become.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with finishing up the school year... you're so close!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete