21 June 2009

Five

As in five more sleeps until school is out.

Thank God!

The next week is the best and the worst time of year for a teacher. I can't wait until summer vacation and I'm out of energy. Making up stuff for my class to do is getting more and more difficult. I wish I could just be on auto-pilot, but it's tough with the little kids.

I'm attending the grade eight graduation of my former students at my old school. I haven't had the chance to visit them all year and I'm looking forward to seeing them. We're opening up a time capsule that we made when they were in grade five (and I was finding things for them to do!). Apparently they're really excited, as am I.

The hot flashes are getting worse. It also doesn't help that it's quite warm here. It got up to 28C according to my car's thermostat. We can't turn on our A/C until all of the construction is done downstairs. The house is still full of dust and I really don't want it to blow all around. I promised Mr. JB that we're going to get a ceiling fan when we get paid on Thursday. I think I may also bring home one of the fans from my classroom so we don't feel like we're going to overheat.

Oh yeah, the L.upron is turning me into an outrageous b&$^h. I've been apologizing like crazy to Mr. JB and I'm sure that my class is wondering what happened to their nice teacher.

Oh God, I hope that Friday comes quickly.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are in the depths of lu^pron - you are doing great - just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four more sleeps!! You're almost there!! You've done such an amazing job making it through the hell of lu.pron!!! Just remember to keep being proud of yourself for getting through each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that Mr. JB gets that you're not melting down because you're a bitch, but because you're miserable, hot, and suffering from the triple whammy of side effects, summer heat, and school stress. That's a lot to deal with at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are almost half way through the time span of the lupron, right? So that means the side effects won't last forever.

    Now it is 4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lupron turned me into a hostile mean bit#^ too! Just make it thru one day at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you! You're almost done!! :)

    ReplyDelete