24 March 2009

Perspective

I admit it. I've had the feel-me-sorries since the superfertile birthday party on Saturday. I can't help it, I'm human and honestly I'm running out of patience.

But now I feel a little guilty.

I have a really cute little girl in my class. Her mom took an instant liking to me the first week of school and she's always sending me treats and cards for every occasion that's come up. Well, the last day of school before the March Break she picked up her daughter at lunch because she isn't able to drive. She told me that she had surgery on her right breast and that I should pray for her. I don't think that her daughter knows anything, or at least she's not showing any signs of knowing. 

Yesterday I wrote in the girl's agenda that I lit a candle for her at St. Joseph's Oratory in Montreal and she sent me a beautiful card to thank me. The doctors have removed the cancer, but they believe that it may have spread so she's going to have another surgery on April 3rd. I cannot even imagine what she's going through right now. 

So please pray for little A's mom. She has another child who is 5 years old and I can't even imagine what it would do to her daughter if she got sicker, or worse. 

I definitely have to stop feeling sorry for myself. I just wish that my wake-up call was a little gentler. 

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I am sitting here eating humble pie with you!

    Though I still can't get out of myself enough to think that this is the worse case scenario for myself. Ugg, then you hear of stuff like that! BUt then again, I have to bet she is equipped to handle her cross! I hope I don't come off sounding like I'm heartless! I don't know if I could handle cancer.

    Praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for her.

    That in the name of Jesus all her cancer is gone, never to return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I mention the woman I dreamed about lives 1400 miles away!

    The gay-dar is now barren-dar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sad. I hope the cancer goes away and stays far far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely so sad. It is an eye opener and makes me be grateful for the wee bit of health that I have right now. I might have colitis...but for now its not cancerous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? where to buy carpets in Dubai

    ReplyDelete