9 January 2008

What have I gotten myself into?


So I've started an online course.  I was really excited before it started this morning, but now I'm wondering if I'm crazy to do a course, do tons of yoga, and of course, work. 

Oh yes, one cannot forget work!

I'm a teacher and I love my job 90% of the time. I just wish that I didn't have to wake up so early and that some of my students were not such pains in the ass. I also think that I would love my job more if I didn't have to teach particular things, just stuff that interested my students. Unfortunately I have administration and parents to answer to. For example, I would love to do a unit on how to shop on eBay.  The kids would love it!  They could learn how to bid on auctions, how to communicate with sellers to find out about shipping and information about what they're bidding on.  The kids could even auction their own stuff.  We could give the proceeds to charity or raise money to go on a cool field trip! I'd also love to do a music appreciation unit -- any music, not just the stuff in the curriculum. I never want to teach the recorder again!!! I would love to bring in a Depeche Mode CD and tell them how "A Question of Lust" affected me as a teenager. 

Alas, I don't live in a world where I could just hang out with kids, I have to be accountable and I must have data to support my grades. And yes, giving grades suck. I can tell in the first two days of school if a kid knows their stuff, I don't need a test to tell me! 

So this morning I printed off all the materials that I need for my course. I have my binder all ready and all of my dividers labeled (yes, I am a total nerd). The course goes until April 25th.  By the way, I have decided that I'm staying with my acupuncturist/TCM practitioner until April. Hopefully April will be a baby-making month. 

Oh yes, baby-making. That's why I took the course, to take my mind off of baby-making.

Think it's going to work? I really hope that it will. 

1 comment:

  1. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    interiors and fitouts in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete