12 January 2008

It's amazing what your tongue can tell...


I saw my acupuncturist yesterday and I finally was brave enough to ask him if he saw any improvement.  According to my initial TCM diagnosis I do not have enough blood to my reproductive organs and I have a weak pancreas. I also have a very ticklish back that makes it hard for eggs to be released. All of this seemed to make sense to my infertile mind since we had been TTC for two years and we had nothing physiologically wrong with both of us. So S asked to see my tongue before he did my treatment and according to him my blood flow is improving, but we still have a way to go since my back is still so ticklish. 

I'm really glad that I've decided to believe this because seeing it in on my computer screen makes it seem REALLY far-fetched. 

I keep reminding myself that I'm still relatively young in the reproduction game and Toni Weschler's Taking Charge of Your Fertility recommends trying alternative medicine if you're not in a big rush.  Now if I was closer to 40 I should be more aggressive, but i still have two years until 35. I have the time, right?

Right?

Now some venting: I am working with a couple of women that are pregnant. One of them is someone that I work very closely with and the other is my teaching nemesis. The latter is always making comments about how big she's getting, how she can't believe the size of her breasts, how fast she got pregnant. I realize that she has no idea about our struggle to get pregnant, but I really just want to punch her out every time she talks about her pregnancy.  

I just find it so unfair that someone so self-centered (I felt this way about her even before her pregnancy), unprofessional (she answers her cell phone when she's teaching!!!!!), boorish (she's always making inappropriate comments, pregnancy aside), and generally loud and annoying. While I believe that I am usually the opposite of all her negative qualities.  Of course I am! 

But I guess that infertility doesn't have a barometer for fairness. I'd like to believe that if there was I would have more than one baby. 

And that's what we're aiming for. Just one.  Is that too much to ask for?



1 comment: