1 December 2011

Thankful Thursday & Liebster Award


I was inspired this morning by Rebecca at the Road Home to participate in my first Thankful Thursday.

1) I am so thankful for my Vita.mix! I made an Emerald Smoothie this morning as part of my breakfast, and although I think that the pineapple is disagreeing with me, it was so delicious!

2) I am so thankful for having more and more energy every day. I've let myself sleep in this past week and I feel so much better than I did last week when I was getting up at the same time as Mr. JB.

3) I am thankful that we finally got an Advent wreath. I usually get a fresh one, but we weren't around to order one from one of my church friends that sells them in November. I have some crafty ideas to add to it, but it looks great with the candles on our sideboard.

4) I am thankful that my father-in-law is giving us a Christmas tree this year. He planted three pine trees in his front yard, but they grew a little larger than he expected. He offered a tree to us and my fertile bf's family and Mr. JB is picking it up this weekend. It's a big savings at a time where we're a little stressed about money.

5) Speaking of money: I am so thankful for our financial planner. He is on the same Kni.ghts of Co.lumbus as Mr. JB and he's figured out a way for us to pay the surprisingly large extra bill we got from PPVI. It's an option that doesn't compromise our savings and we don't have to do any crazy belt tightening at the JellyBelly household. Thank you Jesus!

6) I am thankful that I am feeling better each passing day. I've been able to do a little bit more for myself which is so good for my pride!

7) I am so thankful that my appetite is back. I've lost quite a bit of weight since my surgery and if I get under a certain weight I start to get sick (I'm not the biggest person to begin with). I've been trying my best to eat healthy calories, but we got some dairy-free ice cream the other day and it's so tasty!

8) I am so thankful for my blogger friends. You girls have kept me company as I recover and I haven't had time to feel sorry for myself or feel lonely. God bless all of you!
________________________________

I was the lucky recipient of a Liebster Blog Award from I must have prayed for patience. Thank you for your nomination!

The Liebster Award spotlights up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.  In return for the award, the recipient bestows the award on five of their favourite bloggers.  

Here are my winners (and I apologize if you've already received one!):

Upon receipt of the Liebster Blog Award, there are a few very simple rules: 

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog
2. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
4. Hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.

11 comments:

  1. Post a photo of your advent wreath soon. I put a photo of mine up on my blog today. Its rather plain but I made it myself so that counts for something, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that you are recovering well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the smoothie sounds good. And, pineapple is good for recovering from surgery. I think it's supposed to help with bruising or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the Liebster Award. I feel like such a horrible blogger at times...so this made me smile!

    Your appetite will gradually return. Mine returned eventually in full force! Not sure if that was good or bad. I am glad you are recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear that you are looking after yourself, well rested and recovering well. I am glad you are able to take this time to sleep!

    I would love to make an Advent wreath part of our tradition - I just don't know where I would put it. We ARE going to have a tree (not an artificial one) even though we really don't have the space for it in our new, smaller living area :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear that you are recovering well. That is such good news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so much to be thankful for! #5 in particular made me smile; I said a little prayer for this the other day because in addition to physical healing you shouldn't have to worry so much about finances. I love that you'll have a real tree, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you so much for joining me :).

    Yay for #5 - as if IF isn't stressful enough, to not have to have financial issues on top of it is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO happy for the financial news that it is working out OK. Financial stress is never a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    carpets in dubai

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    PVC Folding Doors Dubai

    ReplyDelete