9 December 2011

If I can't have an infertile island...

I will dream of spending Christmas in my beloved Paris.

[I was secretly wishing that I would magically fall pg before my surgery in Omaha and we could take our surgery fund to Europe, alas we all know how that turned out.]

Christmas in Paris is so beautiful.

The city is decorated so fantastically. Every building, every tree, every window display is just exquisite.

Unfortunately my photos of Christmas in Paris are not digital so I had to borrow some images from the trusty internet.

Galé.ries Lafa.yette is my favourite department store. I couldn't really afford to shop there, but I would walk through the aisles of the top designers and I would dream. Mr. JB have a gorgeous photo taken on the rooftop terrace when we were there 2008. This Christmas tree is in 'le grand dome' inside.
I never spent Christmas in Paris because I couldn't stand to be away from my crazy family. We did spend Basti.lle Day at the E.iffel Tow.er and it was the most magnificent fireworks display that I have ever seen.  I can imagine that the light show at Christmas is just as spectacular.

I miss the girl that I was while I lived in France. She had no idea what was in store for her. She was so innocent and hopeful.

Who wants to join me on my imaginary trip? 

24 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. I'm in! I would also love to have Christmas in Rome. I can't imagine how beautiful and meaningful that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lights are so beautiful and the fireworks - oooh, la, la! Can I come?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm trying to convince the hubs to take me there for our 10th anniversary. That's three years away so hopefully we can save up and do it! ;) If not, I'll imagine away with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be amazing. I so wish I could be having Christmas overseas in such a beautiful place. BUT I am happy to be traveling to FL to be with family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love Paris. I'd love to be there for Christmas, but I'm not sure I could deal with the cold - it was freezing enough in October! My Christmas usually involves 42 degree days (108F)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think for me it would be Austria (I just saw my sister's photobook of Vienna's Christmas decorations. Why can't we pull this stuff off like they do in Europe?). But I'm with you. I wish a million times over that you could have skipped the surgery and gone to Europe :(.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me! I spent my first Christmas as a wife in Paris!! Back in 1994. Long time ago. So incredible gift! La cité de l' amour! Luxury even if you are poor :) Lights, the magnificence of Notre-Dame, crepes au nutella, wine as water, art and history everywhere... And the snow! The first time in years that snowed in Paris. What impressions of wellbeing I have in my heart during that days, months before I had to faced the reality of not being able to conceive. I love Paris in Christmas and with my imagination I will spend it there again. I would like to join this 2011´s Xmas Eve in this trip!! Great idea! Thanks for evoking such good memories!! Warm hugs dear JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in too!! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummmm..... ME! I wanna go!!!
    The pictures are SO beautiful (especially the Eiffel Tower) and I can't imagine just how spectacular it would be to be there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in. :) I think that's the next trip for us... Spain and France.... want to go to Spain too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ME!! ME!! It's been so long since I've been to Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in! Paris is my absolute favourite city. The food, the wine, the food, the history, the food, the chocolate, the food, the buildings ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks fo checking on me and commenting on my blog. Wanted to let you know that I am still checking in on you and praying for you. I am really hoping that your surgery with Dr. H did the trick! Lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm coming toooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can we leave tonight?!?! I love Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    Dubai Carpet

    ReplyDelete