I need the season of Lent to start ASAP. I feel like I've been through the desert, physically and mentally. I cannot wait to renew myself spiritually. I really hope that in the next 40 days that I can find some renewed strength, I'm so tired of feeling down and sad.
This has to end now.
Now onto my list of Lenten promises:
1) Mr. JB and I are cutting down our F.acebook time to one hour a night. Hopefully less. Now that we're both on FB, Mr. JB and I are talking less. That has to stop.
2) No more Blogger at work. Really, I shouldn't be on the computer for personal stuff anyway. I'm getting into a busy time with my class with report cards coming up. I wish that I didn't have access at all, so I wouldn't be tempted!
3) No more candy, pop and wine. Unfortunately I can't give up chocolate. It's a necessity for an infertile.
4) Mr. JB and I are going to say the rosary together every night. We're still looking for a novena to say -- any suggestions?
5) Mr. JB and I are going to go to mass and Stations of the Cross on Friday nights. I've done this pretty much as long as I can remember. I love attending the Stations and it's a great way to end the week.
6) No meat on Fridays. Duh, that's pretty simple.
7) I'm going to try to go to bed by 10pm. This is going to be tough since the O.lympics are on!
The one thing that we decided that we weren't going to do is give up take-out. With report cards on the horizon and our March Break, take out is inevitable. Since going gluten-free we've eaten out less and less since it's so tough for me! I'm going to try really hard to cook on Friday nights, but for those late nights when we're marking and doing reports, take out is the only option for the both of us.
I'm so ready for Lent to start. My soul needs this so badly. I hope that I can bear my small sacrifices with little complaint, since I know that what I'm doing is only a minute fraction of what Jesus did for us!