12 October 2009

Thankfulness

I wish that I felt a little more thankful. We celebrated Thanksgiving this weekend and I am so glad that we had a long weekend, but other than that I'm feeling blah.

I've convinced myself that I'm suffering from PMS. I've been tired and irritable, both of which are classic PMS symptoms for me. I also devoured a ton of chocolate when we got home from Mr. JB's dad's place, which is definitely something very common for me when I'm anticipating Aunt Flo.

Our weekend was pretty quiet. Mr. JB's dad's girlfriend was with her family celebrating Thanksgiving so it was a stress-free weekend. I love spending time with my father and brother-in-law, especially when she's not around. We visited with one of Mr. JB's uncles and his family and one of the cousins moved my vest to see if I was growing a belly. I wanted to kick him, but I refrained. There were a couple of comments from his cousins, "So how long have you two been married?" "No kids yet?" The typical, nosy family stuff. I'm assuming that the gossip about my surgeries and my last hospital stay didn't make it to their side of the village.

Mr. JB and I stopped by a pumpkin patch to get some goodies for our house. It was tough to see the families and their little kids running around. We picked our pumpkins, I always want to get three for our front porch, and got out of there quickly.

I'm back to feeling numb. Perhaps the sadness will come back when my period comes back and we start TTC again. Or maybe not. I do have to say that I'm getting tired of spinning my wheels and waiting.

Aunt Flo where are you????

p.s. My brother-in-law made gluten-free stuffing and gravy for me and it was delicious! The best thing about Thanksgiving is the left-overs!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope the cycle starts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to a pumpkin patch this weekend and for some reason I completely forgot it was going to be all families and little kids running around until we arrived. What was I thinking? It was hard.

    Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Now you've got me excited for ours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When he moved the vest I would have mentioned it was a stuffing baby from Thanksgiving.
    And then cut off his hand...
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry. I understand those feelings, though. It feels like we are on the outside looking in at other people living their lives whilst ours stands still ...

    Praying for AF to come quickly so you can start completely over!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you were brave going into the pumpkin patch,
    I had a wedding to go to, and I only went cause I had to! the comments come quick these days "oh, no baby yet?" but two years ago it was "so no wedding yet?"
    I have just come to accept that nosey family members are never going to be happy with our progress.

    Then good news is my grandmother in law spit in my food to make me more fertile. If it works, I will let you know.

    I hope you get AF tomorrow......I hate when the
    crankiness and cravings linger...arg!

    Oh, and that was REALLY nice of your brother in law!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful the holiday is over!

    Hope you see red soon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete