1 October 2009

Livid

I've been trying to cool off for the past couple of hours. I don't know whether to cry or punch someone out.

So today was a half day for the kids. I conveniently scheduled my follow-up with my surgeon for this afternoon so I didn't have to call in a supply teacher. I left the school at 2pm so I could get to my appointment in the city at 3pm. Lucky for me there was no traffic and I made it to the office by 2:45. The wait was long (it always is), but I brought a good book to read. I was even happy to find a free chair in the waiting area.

That's when the goodness stopped.

When the doctor finally called me into his exam room he asked me if I had gotten my period. When I saw him in August that was the plan. I would make an appointment when I got my period. He seemed to have no recollection of the fact that I was hospitalized two weeks ago. I reminded him and asked if he had received a copy of my last cat scan, which he didn't. Now I thought that two weeks was long enough for the results of my last scan to make it to his office. In an era of fax machines and internet I didn't think that it would be so difficult.

Alas I was wrong.

I asked him if the abscess is going to affect my fertility, but he said that he wouldn't know until we started trying.

So basically I wasted my afternoon, missed my favourite yoga class and I have no idea if my abscess has resolved itself.

Craptastic.

Now if I didn't have to drive to the city and pay for parking and then get stuck in rush hour traffic perhaps I wouldn't be so pissed off.

I feel like I've been given the mother lode of bad luck lately. When I got into the car I just started getting angry at God. I just don't get it. I can't take it anymore. I'm tired of the hot flashes, the incision pain, the antibiotics and most of all infertility.

I have carried this cross for over four years. I hate it that I have to see so many doctors. I hate it that I have to be poked and prodded. I'm tired of taking blood tests and taking medications.

So I have to go for an ultrasound on the 22nd and then I see my surgeon right after. Then I see the infectious disease doctor and my Napro doctor on the 26th.

Was getting some sort of reassurance too much to ask?

Argh.

15 comments:

  1. Ugh. I don't see why they couldn't have called the hospital or clinic where you had the scan done to get the results faxed over while you waited. You need to know!
    They should be able to do a HSG at some point to tell you if the abscess has blocked one of your tubes or not. I'd want answers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess would be that if the abscess was just in your cul de sac, then your tubes should be just fine.

    I am sorry it was a crappy appointment. Hope you have a better evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! I HATE when they don't have your test results waiting to go over with you. Like you just wanted to stop in and chat for no reason.
    I'm sorry he made you waste your afternoon :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered what your FB status meant. I'm sorry about your crappy afternoon. I agree with Kate, I don't get why they couldn't call someone and get the results... makes me want to kick him for you. ;o) I pray that you have a better evening.

    Regarding your comment, yes, you should take your own advice and listen to your body. Everything will heal in God's time... sometimes His timing really seems to suck! I'm upping the prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I am so sorry. Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO frustrating.
    Yet SO typical of IF and all that goes with it. As if IF isn't bad enough all on its own, we have to be our own health care advocates, trying to get Drs, labs and hospitals to do their jobs so that we can have a CHANCE at conception. I HATE every aspect of it and somehow, it just never seems to end. I have been hoping and praying that the tide would change for you after surgery.

    The good news is that it isn't too late, the tide can still turn ... who knows? Maybe it already has, you just don't have confirmation of it yet.

    I can't imagine how frustrating it all must be. So sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a horrible appointment! I am so sorry and so pissed for you!

    Have you gotten your period yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry. Hoping things turn around for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, that really sucks. I feel like my week is going the same way. Nothing infuriates me more than unprepared doctors. UGH!!

    Sending prayers and good vibes your way, I really hope things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that the doctor and whoever get the results to him wasted your time. You've had a tough time lately, and I'm praying that things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not clear on why doctors think you would bill your insurance and waste your time for an appointment to accomplish nothing in particular. If someone schedules me for a meeting at work (not a doctor), I tend to ask why, so that I bring the right materials, track things down, at least know what people are talking about. I find it helpful. Doctors...don't know? I have been asked before whether I'll start some pill that the doctor prescribed me months ago and I have been taking since. I don't really know what's up with that. I hope they all get their acts together and give you some actual information. And I hope soon you get some reprieve from all this - no more surgery, no more b/w, maybe one pill or shot to take, something more like a normal life. Wouldn't that be something!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please disregard my comment on your last post.

    Grrr, I'm so mad at your stupid dr. How could he have not had the results!!!

    I'm so very sorry that you have to go through all of this. I'm thinking of you.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just sent you some reassurance via email :)

    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOO annoying. Next time you are around the city, we should meet for coffee! We can lament together about the crap of being poked and prodded, over a capuccino and biscotti. :-)

    ReplyDelete