26 October 2009

The Tale of the Persistent Abscess

We just got back from the infectious disease doctor. When I was in the hospital I felt a little strange having such a scary sounding doctor taking care of me.

I do not feel like that anymore.

Since my appointment with my surgeon last week I've been overcome with worry. I know that he has a completely different specialty than the doctor that I saw this morning, so his take on an abscess would be a little different. The pain and discomfort that I've been feeling has gotten progressively worse -- don't worry, the pain isn't as bad as it was when I was hospitalized, but I do have to take A.dvil or T.ylenol in order to function. The other thing is that I've had a low-grade fever off and on since last Wednesday. I feel sick in the morning and then the fever breaks and I can go on with my day.

Strange, I know.

We even did a little mini-vacation in the city with Mr. JB's high school friends. The girls went to the spa and then we went out for a really nice dinner (that I think we overpaid for since I didn't eat or drink as much as everyone else, I hate evenly splitting the bill!!). I didn't start to feel crummy until we left for home.

Right now I feel all achy and I have a heating pad on my pelvic area for some pain relief.

Argh.

So the ID doctor has put me back on antibiotics for the next 42 days. What a bizarre number! Then he wants to see me after I see my surgeon. I asked about draining it, but he thought that it was too risky and since I responded so well to the meds the first time that it wasn't necessary. I'm glad that all of the doctors that are taking care of me are so thorough, but all of these appointments are driving me a little crazy!

I see my Napro doctor this afternoon. I'll update later when I get the low-down from her.

p.s. I've had a ton of CM the past couple of days. It's been 10CL (stretchy, cloudy). I think that AF is just around the corner!

13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are still having to deal with the abscess. I hope the antibiotics kick its kester. It's great to hear that AF looks like it's on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with all of this. I'm glad you're being well taken care of, but I can imagine that all the constant appts are a bit much.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly am TICKED for you!!!!!!! TICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really stinks!! I totally feel for you and will keep praying! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I just now had a chance to catch up on all of this.

    I am SO sorry about this whole saga!!!

    Why don't they just drain it? It seems it would be the fastest way to resolve this. Maybe I am missing something? I thought they would drain and treat with antibiotics both.

    Anyways, I am PRAYING for you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness, I hate evenly splitting the bill, too!! And have you ever noticed that people who order the most expensive stuff on the menu always want to evenly split the bill?
    I don't like doing that even when I do order expensive stuff... it's just not the most fair to everyone.

    OK, so I just went on and on about splitting bills and didn't even respond to the fact that your abscess is still causing you pain :( I'm such a good friend!

    Infectious disease Dr does sound mighty scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 42 days would be 6 weeks. That is a long time!

    I rarely, if ever, drink. I hate paying for other people's drinks when I am not drinking. So, if it comes to splitting the bill with people who are drinking, I get really pissy.

    Hope next round of antibiotics does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about that stinking absess!!!!

    ReplyDelete

  9. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    PVC Flooring Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    PVC Flooring Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! Nerve Control 911

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! Nerve Control 911

    ReplyDelete
  13. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. Tow truck dublin

    ReplyDelete