19 October 2009

Giving In

Okay girls, it's officially fall.

I removed my toe nail polish.

What a sad, sad night.

I've been wearing socks for a few weeks now and since I wore a winter jacket (albeit a lighter one) all last week, I just couldn't justify looking at my chipped toe nail polish.

Mr. JB also brought up the humidifier. Yet another sign that we are preparing for winter.

I am so glad that we're going to Arizona for March Break. I think that it's going to be a pretty crummy winter around here, especially since we didn't have very summery weather. I think we only ran our a/c for three weeks in total.

I know that I'm complaining, but trust me, I love being Canadian. I love wearing layers and winter is my favourite season. It really is. I think that my biggest challenge is going to have to suffer through winter with short hair. I may have to wear TWO scarves to keep my neck warm!

Speaking of colds, mine seems to have abated quite a bit. I think that resting all day yesterday and taking every possible thing that I could for it helped. The kids noticed that my nose was stuffy, but most of them are sick right now so I fit right in.

My reading groups worked like clockwork today. I couldn't believe how quiet the class was while I was reading with my small groups. Only one kid put up her hand and when I asked a kid in her group to explain to her why I couldn't answer her question she went back to work. She's cute, but a total airhead!

No sign of AF. I have just a bit of CM, but nothing like I saw last week (when I had one day of clear, stretchy CM). I thought that my boobs were feeling tender, but that's stopped as well. I'm still having hot flashes and I'm craving chocolate like a FIEND!

I have an ultrasound on Thursday afternoon then I see my surgeon. I'm assuming that he's going to get the results sent directly to his office so he can tell me whether or not the abscess has resolved. Since finishing my antibiotics on Friday I've started feeling the same raw feeling when I urinate, although not every time I go to the bathroom and only when my bladder is really full. I have no idea what that means.

I've been feeling some pains in my stomach, but I think it's because I've been a little more adventurous with my eating as of late. I bought some gluten-free date squares on Saturday, but they weren't dairy-free. I wolfed one down in the car and it was so delicious. I forgot how good butter makes everything taste!!!

11 comments:

  1. I love butter! Glad you have a trip planned for March, that seems to be the time I really want some sunshine. :)

    Sounds like PMS to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter is awesome. AWESOME.

    Heh - my husband has to bug me to take off the last remaining chips of polish at the end of summer.

    Good luck Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up and did them in clear most recently...maybe I can just ignore it until it goes away. Sandals are still an option here in Virginia for a little while, but we have already had occasion to light a fire.

    Don't know what that's a sign of about the pain - it's funny, being a person who's always had a pretty good sense how my body should feel (I correctly predicted the occurrence and location of the first cyst after my last surgery), to be recovering from the silly surgery and to hurt in so many odd ways and try to guess whether that's normal. I have no idea what's normal. I figure if I'm in agony I'll call the doctor. Infections always cause pain to get worse rapidly, right? Oh, and are you running a fever? Was that at all helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not running a fever, but there still is some infrequent pain. I guess I just have to wait until Thursday to get my answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you're cold seems to be going away.

    I'm so fickle when it comes to the seasons. I love the change, but once any season starts dragging on I'm ready for the next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMMM. Butter.

    My toes are naked, too. It has been a nice fall here, though.

    I think it would make sense you were still tender and sore inside - think about how much work was done in there. Abscess aside, you would still be tender. It really may not mean it hasn't cleared up. It could just be raw insides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great how good your class is while you do small groups. Butter is fabulous. I hope your insides are feeling better soon and that your surgeon can give you information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jelly Belly,
    Sorry, this is a totally unrelated comment
    but today I was told about the Marguerite Bourgeoys
    Family Center and it was highly recommended. Then later this evening "Infertile in the City" sent me an e-mail letting me know that you have tried this programme (a crazy coincidence that I am taking as a "sign") I was just wondering if there is any information you would be willing to share with me about this clinic. I am thinking of going to one of their information nights soon. Any information I could get would be great!

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate winter. And it is comming.

    Hope the ultra sound shows that everything is resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I don't know how you deal with those Canadian winters! You know how much of a wimp I am!!!

    Whenever you've had enough, come on down to the Carolinas for a visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LH you're tempting me! Perhaps in the summer when we can take advantage of our timeshare!

    ReplyDelete