30 August 2009

L.upron + Clouds = Headachy JellyBelly

I'm thinking that the title of my post is pretty self-explanatory.

We had designs on going to the C.anadian N.ational E.xhibition today, but my head is not cooperating. I felt pretty good this morning, but as the day has progressed my headache has just gotten worse. I seem to recall that when I got my first dose of the lovely L.upron that I had the same issues with getting annoying headaches, which are only made worse by cloudy weather.

I'm so glad that I didn't get this dose of the lovely L.upron in July when the weather was just horrible and rainy!

It also doesn't help that we've had quite the day trying to figure out the guest room bed.

You see, I had the bright idea of salvaging a bed from my neighbour's garbage. It looked great -- a double brass bed with the bed rails were just sitting there waiting for the garbage pick up. We had just promised our guest room furniture to a needy family in the neighbourhood (a single dad, with four girls under the age of 10!). The furniture was taken away in mid-July and Mr. JB took his sweet time painting the brass bed white (it was a bit rusty, don't worry, I wasn't being heartless!).

So this morning I decided that the bed had to be assembled because my cousins will be staying with us tonight (the girls are going to be helping me at school tomorrow). We soon discovered that the metal bed frame was for an extra long bed. Who knew? We tried to reconfigure the frame, but there was no way around the extra six inches at the end. So we admitted defeat and went to the local thrift store to see if they had anything (they didn't). Lucky for us a mattress store was just across the street. So for $101 we bought a brand new adjustable bed frame.

Mr. JB is trying his best to put it together which has proven to be difficult since he is the most un-handy man in the universe! I had to figure out how to put the frame together! The thing that I find the most frustrating is that when he gets frustrated the job instantly becomes impossible. I really wish that I was in better physical shape. I would've just put it together on my own, but I'm just not up to it.

I've got to lie down again. The girls are going to be here in the next hour or so and I need to rest!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your headache. Did anything help before? Hopefully it goes away soon. Maybe your cousins can get the bed frame together? I hope you have fun with them and that you get the rest that you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the headache hon! this weather is so not helping it at all, maybe a little green tea or twig tea may ease the pain?
    Last month of lupron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a blah day.

    I hope your headache is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better! And sorry about the bed craziness. Hopefull you had a nice time with your cousins. Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cloudy weather...no idea that had an effect. Nice job on the salvaged bed though! In re: lupron - maybe I'm not following you on the timing, but I had my worst symptoms in the week when my body was first absorbing the shot, and in the week (at the end of three months) when it was wearing off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling a bit better. Those Lup.ron headaches are hell in a hand basket.

    I'm glad you were able to get a new bed frame and still use the brass bed.

    ReplyDelete