16 August 2009

My "Busy" Life


If look really carefully you can see that I got a manicure yesterday. It was a pretty big deal since I had an 11:30am appointment at the nail salon! The lady that prettied up my hands and feet talked me into getting a flower design on my big toes. I'm a pretty low-fi kinda girl so the flowers are quite hilarious, but she did a really good job.

Our travel buddies from last summer came by and dropped off some JellyBelly friendly foods. We are so blessed to have such good friends! My friend J, had a laparotomy when she was 16 to remove endo, cysts and adhesions. I didn't know until I e-mailed her after she announced her pregnancy. She was quite surprised that they didn't have to try for longer since she had so much difficulty so early in her life. It's been great to have her support through the surgery and I absolutely love her cooking!

So yesterday afternoon Mr. JB and I decided to go to the movies. I've been feeling a little cabin fever and I convinced my hubs to see Julie & Julia. I finished J.ulie P.owell's book last week and I was pretty excited to get out. Being someone that absolutely loves eating, especially French food, I thought the movie was great. There was a very touching scene where Julia finds out that her newly married sister was expecting. J.ulia child didn't get married until she was 34 and she never had any children. It was obvious during the early scenes of the movie that she did want to be a mother, but it just didn't happen. My eyes brimmed with tears as J.ulia started to cry about how happy she was for her sister.

The one thing that bothered me about the movie is that they didn't mention J.ulie P.owell's PCOS. Her book starts out with her talking about her "condition" but there wasn't any mention of it. As far as I know she still is childless (at least that's what I came up with when I did my internet search). I guess the modern-day IF slant wasn't catchy in the focus groups!

So I haven't left the house today. I did feel quite guilty this morning about not going to mass. It's our month to usher and I just can't handle all of the standing and sitting. My BIL made a joke about how if I could go to the movies that I could go to church. I totally took it the wrong way and I was quite upset. Mr. JB felt very guilty that he even mentioned it to me since I've been uber-sensitive lately. I was hoping that my BIL would just come over and say mass, but he had just gotten home from NYC and he was exhausted.

God understands, right?

So we're off to my fertile best friend's place for our annual K.entucky F.ried C.hicken dinner. Mr. JB and S look forward to it every year. I have to admit that the grease grosses me out, but we do this once a summer. I convinced Mr. JB to get some corn so at least there will be something healthy on the table!

I wonder now that the endo is all gone if my tummy will behave. I did have some of Mr. JB's nachos and cheese at the movies yesterday and it didn't bother me one bit! I guess if the K.FC doesn't have me running to the bathroom, I'll have part of my answer!

8 comments:

  1. I saw Julie and Julia with my mom when I was home in California. I was really struck by the scene when Julia gets the letter from her sister. Now I didn't read the book, but I had a feeling that Julie was also going to be IF. She mentions at one point how Julia "saved" her from her despair. And at another point she lists all the things they had in common. I wonder why they didn't mention the being barren part???

    Hope you continue to heal and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right about the dosage left in the bottle. I had 1/2 of a 1/2 of a cc. Make sense? I took it anyway. I wonder why and how that happened?

    I was going to see that movie with my sister but we never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed that all is still quiet on the lower front, so to speak.

    God always understands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did it go with the KFC - that would send me running for cover for sure!

    It is weird that hte barrenness is kept on the low-down - but I have not read hte book but thought that may have been the case, but, I am probably projecting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, now I really REALLY have to see that movie. Or maybe read the book.

    I request a picture of the toenails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If god gives you a hard time, send him after me. I went to church once this year. For a funeral. And I am going in March for a wedding. So, you skipping a week or two or even three really isn't bad. Yeah, I know, I am a bad Catholic.

    I wanna see the flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My parents just saw Julie and Julia and my mom especially loved it. I didn't know about the IF slant (sounds like it is basically under wraps in the movie, but knowing this adds an interesting undercurrent for sure.) Looking forward to seeing it.

    And, totally don't feel guilty - the powers that be understand! I totally get the internalized guilt, but you have been through a lot and are doing what you can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad things are going well! I thought I commented the other day. Dang blackberry!!!

    ReplyDelete