21 August 2009

Yet another reason why I'm gluten-free

I think that I had a good day.

Great, in fact.

I went to the doctor and despite the 45 minute wait in the craziest waiting room in the Greater Toronto Area, I had a great post-op visit. I got my last L.upron shot and it was virtually painless -- yet another reason why my doctor rocks!!! I should get my first period in about six to eight weeks. My doc wants to see me after my first period and he seems 100% confident that we will be able to conceive. He even gave me a prescription for prenatal vitamins! I'm definitely on my way!

I spent the afternoon hanging out in one of my work friend's backyard. The two other grade one teachers and the former grade four teacher (who is now my neighbour) chatted the afternoon away. Don't worry we didn't talk about work too much! She has the most gorgeous home and an even more beautiful yard. We sat under her covered patio and snacked and listened to the waterfall falling into her swimming pool. It was the perfect afternoon with fantastic company.

Unfortunately silly me was tempted by the delicious bruschetta. She had some rice chips and veggies to snack on so it wasn't like I was starving. But then she brought out the tasty bruschetta and I couldn't resist.

By the time that we left around dinner time I had the makings of a migraine starting. When my friend dropped me off I could feel the pain that I know all too well. Mr. JB got the A.dvil and he massaged my head a bit and I proceeded to sleep for four hours straight. I didn't have dinner and Mr. JB ended up hanging out in the new basement so I could rest on the living room couch. When I woke up around midnight (which explains why I'm posting at 1am!) I was hungry and kinda uncomfortable since I fell asleep in my clothes.

When I woke up I tried to figure out where the heck the migraine came from. It was the same kind of migraine that I get when I eat something with eggs (one of my most severe allergies). The only trigger that I could think of was the piece of bread that I had this afternoon. I didn't finish the entire piece of bruschetta and I still suffered!

I will never be tempted by regular bread again!

I better get to bed. I'm meeting LifeHopes for lunch tomorrow! I've found a gluten-free bakery close to the restaurant that I found. I'm so excited!

p.s. The last dose of L.upron was only a fraction of the cost of the big needle. It was only $436, not like the $1202 I spent on the last one. Thank God for insurance!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, so sorry about your migrane. I hope that you feel better for you lunch with LH today! Take pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still need to make a date to make arepas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your migraine. I hope you feel better and have fun with LH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for cheap Lupron! ha ha!!!

    It was so nice to see you and meet MR. DH today. You have a great husband!! He was so patient as we chatted all about IF stuff!!! What a sweetie!

    Thanks so much for driving clear across town to see little old me AND for treating me. That was so kind of you guys ... come on down to NC and we'll return the favor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Migraines suck. Glad you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the last shot was painless, and I hope the symptoms are minor and fade rapidly. So glad you have hope!

    Boo allergies! I don't know if I'd have the fortitude to resist certain yummy things. But now I know: if I ever cross your path, I'll bake some yummy gluten-free, vegan treats. To make up for a world of migraine-inducing temptations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A migraine from PART of a piece of bruschetta? That's so unfair! I can't imagine the self-control needed for all these healthy diets - I have so little discipline. I'm very excited for your upcoming cycle - you've been through quite the treatment regimen and I hope it pays off!

    ReplyDelete