14 August 2009

Small victories

So I've been home for a week and I was brave enough to go out and do some stuff today.

I did take a lot longer than I thought to get the gumption to get dressed and off of the couch, but I didn't take any pain meds before we left.

So here was my big afternoon:

1) Went to the drug store to get some face lotion with SPF. My almost full bottle went MIA somewhere between my trip south and my stay at the hospital.

2) Went to the library to return books and pick up some new ones. I had to wait a ridiculously long time to check out because the woman ahead of us was insisting that she did not take out a DVD that was overdue on her account. Yeah right lady!

3) Went to S.tarbucks for a treat. I thought that I would be able to get out of the car and order for myself, but I sent Mr. JB in without me. I was just too tired and hot after accomplishing #1 and #2.

So tomorrow I'm going for a mani/pedi. I have a gift certificate from a former student that expired at the end of June, but the nice lady at the salon said that she would honour it. I'm in definite need of some pampering!

I'm excited 'cos My Reality is coming over to watch girlie movies with me. Mr. JB has been fun to hang out with, but he'd rather watch sports.

Oh yeah, I've only taken pain meds once today. Woohoo!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Small victories indeed. Glad to hear that you were out of the house for a bit. Enjoy your mani/pedi! I had one last week when I was home in California. It was such a nice splurge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic!

    Sorry I missed your call back. I was running around with my sister, oh and fighting Doctor Liberal. hahaha

    No I don't have my computer yet, this is my DH laptop and I dont' really like it. :( So I am not on it for long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say hi to Reality! (out of context, a funny thing to say)

    So glad you're up and about. Sounds like things are getting a little bit better every day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are out and about quicker than I was! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weaning yourself off of pain meds (not that you're addicted or anything) is HUGE. Congrats! The small things do take it out of you, don't they? And you've made big improvements every day - you'll be back in shape for enthralling the wee students in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is an excellent set of victories! And I am very very glad to hear all the good news.

    I was thinking about something...is there any chance that your gastro/bowel issues will improve a little after this surgery? I've just heard from other people before that when their endo was removed from other organs, their function improved. (not cured...just maybe not as bad.)

    Like me? My bladder issues got better after the endo was removed in the original lap I had done.

    Anyway, it will be interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you got out! The mani/pedi sounds awesome. I have a reflexology appt on Monday, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting out and about so soon after surgery. I am really glad to hear how well you are recovering. Enjoy the mani-pedi!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the mani/pedi was fab!

    ReplyDelete