20 August 2009

Sixteen

So I'm sixteen days post-op and I'm pretty surprised at how good I'm feeling.

Well, let me qualify that.

I went to the movies yesterday (you have to see the T.ime T.raveler's W.ife!!!!). It is one of my favourite books and I was so happy with the movie adaptation. The last time I read the book I blogged about it here. It seems as though the two movies that I have seen in the recent past have both dealt with infertility. Both of the books were a little more overt, but the themes were there nonetheless.

So after the movies my girlfriend and I did a little shopping. She just bought a house in my neighbourhood and she's all excited about finding furniture and I was more than happy to go with her on her hunt. There's only so much lying around a girl can do! I was out for almost five hours and I didn't collapse in a heap on the couch when I got home.

My mom came over today to help me reorganize the linen closet. It was an absolute disaster and I knew that she would enjoy the project. My mother is more than a little compulsive when it comes to her linens. The lady irons her pillow cases and sheets for goodness sake! She also irons my dad's underwear and their tea towels. But that is besides the point. I was pretty pooped after the linen closet was finished and I spent most of the afternoon snoozing on the couch while she ironed Mr. JB's shirts for school. I wish that I inherited her love of ironing, but she is happiest when she's pressing clothes!

So tomorrow we're heading into the city to see my surgeon. I'm getting the last dose of L.upron which thankfully will only be a fraction of the cost of the last needle. I really hope that it doesn't hurt as much as the last one! I'm really curious to talk to my doctor more in depth about my surgery. My incision has not been as painful since I started the castor oil packs on Monday. I really hope that the packs will help with the scarring.

One last thing: We had some crazy weather tonight! At around 6pm we got some tornado warnings north of where we live. Apparently one person died because of the tornado! When the warning changed and included our city Mr. JB and I headed down to the basement. I couldn't believe how hard the rain was coming down and the lightning was nuts! I am so glad that the bad weather passed us by. I have no idea how people live in areas where tornadoes are common!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting out and about and feeling better all the time. Must have been fun to shop around for furniture with your friend (I have fun doing that stuff too!) Can't believe your mother irons her pillow cases - I iron my duvet cover, but that's it.
    Unbelievable weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go out and do such fun things, I wish you lived close to me!! Glad you are feeling better. I am curious about what your surgeon will say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom can come here and iron anytime.

    I am glad you are getting out a bit more and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner, and there is a beautifully written account of a character's experience with infertility. It makes me wonder if the author has experienced it because it was so spot on. It's not the focal point of the book, but I really enjoyed reading that part, even if it wasn't happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of ironing women. Just saying.

    Glad you're having some fun and have renewed energy. I hope the shot and last dance with Lupron go well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, If I didn't know better, I'd think that your mother is my grandmother reincarnated!! I also wish that I had that love of ironing... Alas, Paul and I are doomed to live a wrinkled existence as neither of us is any good at it.

    ReplyDelete