21 July 2009

Pause

Thank you all for your prayers. I spent most of the weekend resting and eating bland food so my belly is feeling better, although not 100%. I went to my GP yesterday and she thinks that it's just a virus. She explained to me that since I have ulcerative colitis that any little imbalance (like a cold, which a I had last week) can cause my sensitive bowels to act up.

I did go to a restorative yoga and meditation class on Sunday which helped me relax. For those of you that don't know, colitis can be aggravated by stress and lack of sleep. I've been pretty stressed out lately since our house is still a mess (although we're chipping away at the chaos) from the renovations and I haven't been sleeping well (I blame it on the L.upron). I also went to a level one yoga class yesterday and I felt great afterward.

I slept in until 9:30 this morning which is almost unheard of! The noise of the garbage and recycling trucks didn't even bother me.

I cannot believe how much stuff we're getting rid of. Mr. JB packed most of the stuff away pre-renovations since I was still recovering from my lap. Although he tried his best, I'm still baffled at some of the stuff he put in boxes! I found a whole bunch of stuff that could've been recycled or thrown away. Then again I shouldn't be surprised since when he moved in I found unopened mail and garbage in some of his boxes!

I promise a more detailed post later. I have to get back to the crazy basement!

Btw, does anyone want some fancy crystal bowls? I've found so many wedding presents that I forgot were given to me. How many fancy vases does a girl need?

Thank God for Freecycle!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Good luck getting your house sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you saw your GP and she thinks all will be well and that you spent the weekend relaxing!!

    We're going to be moving soon and I'm dreading all the junk I'm going to find!! I despise sorting through old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I am so sorry! I have been absent. I got your email! Ugg, I just remembered! ;) I need to get to responding! :)

    Can't wait to see you!!! 10 days~~ can you believe it?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that feeling after a good junk purge, though. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you're feeling better. I hope you can find the time to rest, relax and meditate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are feeling better!

    I can't wait until our basement is done, the electrical will be done this weekend, then the drywall can go up.

    I do not need any crystal bowls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Your guy and mine clearly went to the same school of household management. :) There is stuff he's moved from the west coast years ago, still waiting patiently in boxes to be sorted through (and likely thrown away).

    So glad your GI stuff is resolving a bit. Yoga sounds like just the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling a little better ... but sorry you had to hurt at all!

    I can't wait to see you again real soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. Ah yes, the crystal bowls. The classic gift for weddings in the early 20th century (or something). Why do people still give them? To be clear, I do appreciate the thought, and the gifter is probably being very generous, but not all that useful really....

    Oh, and nice guess - but try again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

    I love freecycle!! We were trying to get rid of some old tv's and computers that the charities around here wouldn't take and I was amazed at how quickly people grabbed them on there!

    ReplyDelete