20 April 2011

Mental Health Day Gone Wrong

Since going gluten-free and radically changing my diet, my immune system has gotten so much better. However, the manic weather plus my germy students were way too much to handle. I've had a cold since last Thursday and instead of getting better, I have gotten progressively worse.

I was hoping to take most of today to relax, read blogs and get ready for the weekend, but instead I slept in and then lay on the couch because I have no energy. Getting sick is an occupational hazard. I know that my students can't be kept home when they have the slightest sniffle, and I haven't really taken any sick days this year. I just wish that I didn't feel like such crap!

I always seem to get sick around Holy Week. I had my first surgery during Holy Week (an anniversary that I conveniently forgot!). School and church life seems to go into frantic mode, and then my body shuts down. Perhaps it's a good thing that I feel too sick to do anything!

I have an appointment with my Napro doc this afternoon. I'm going to ask again to get tested for MTHFR. She was hesitant since I don't have a history of miscarriage, but I just want to cross it off the list. I'm also looking forward to getting the results of my glucose-intolerance test (which I took in January!). Please say a prayer that we get some good news.

I promise to update later on tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon!
    I tried to get my Md to test for that too- and I got the same answer "if you havent had a m/c, then probably not likely" The tests are expensive and I think that is why she is holding off.
    I hope you get tested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about getting sick as an occupational hazard...my kiddos had strep throat going around...so far...I've been okay..thank God!

    Lent is a difficult time for me too...not just Holy Week...but the whole 40 days. Hmmmm....

    Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy Easter!

    ReplyDelete