I'm so pumped for Lent to start!
I feel like I need to overhaul my soul, big time. It isn't a secret that I've had a tough start to 2011. I had a feeling that this year was going to turn my life upside down, but I didn't realize that so many things around me would cause me feel like I was in some strange alternate universe. Too much family drama, death, and of course the ugliness of IF jealousy (I have a post coming about that, don't you worry!) has been too big a part of my life.
I can't wait for vacation next week, but I'm ready to take this time and work on me. My prayer life has suffered and I have been so unfocused (I can feel it at work and I know that I'm not giving it my 100%). I'm going to spring clean my soul!
So here's what I'm going to do:
1) I'm giving up Face.book.* I'm obsessed with it and I know that it isn't a healthy relationship. Seems like more than one person I know is going to do it too (Hi Sew!) and I'm stealing their profile picture!
2) I'm also giving up Pe.rez Hil.ton.* Yes, I admit it. I am addicted to celebrity gossip. It's a sad, sad thing, but I can't look away!
3) I'm going to meditate before I go to bed. I took a meditation workshop in the fall and it was part of my homework. I was a happier person when I meditated regularly.
4) No pop (but I haven't really had any since January 1st).
5) No checking the blogs at work (in my attempt to be more focused on my job).
6) No more Star.bucks. I'm an addict. I salivate when I drive by. It's wrong wrong wrong.
* I'm deleting the applications from my i.Phone. I know if the aps are there I will be too tempted!
So there you go. Let's see what kind of insights I'm going to learn in the next four days!
p.s. Prayer Buddy, I'm gonna pray my buns of for you!!!