8 March 2011

Mardi Gras Tout le Monde!

I'm so pumped for Lent to start!

I feel like I need to overhaul my soul, big time. It isn't a secret that I've had a tough start to 2011. I had a feeling that this year was going to turn my life upside down, but I didn't realize that so many things around me would cause me feel like I was in some strange alternate universe. Too much family drama, death, and of course the ugliness of IF jealousy (I have a post coming about that, don't you worry!) has been too big a part of my life.

I can't wait for vacation next week, but I'm ready to take this time and work on me. My prayer life has suffered and I have been so unfocused (I can feel it at work and I know that I'm not giving it my 100%). I'm going to spring clean my soul!

So here's what I'm going to do:

1) I'm giving up Face.book.* I'm obsessed with it and I know that it isn't a healthy relationship. Seems like more than one person I know is going to do it too (Hi Sew!) and I'm stealing their profile picture!

2) I'm also giving up Pe.rez Hil.ton.* Yes, I admit it. I am addicted to celebrity gossip. It's a sad, sad thing, but I can't look away!

3) I'm going to meditate before I go to bed. I took a meditation workshop in the fall and it was part of my homework. I was a happier person when I meditated regularly.

4) No pop (but I haven't really had any since January 1st).

5) No checking the blogs at work (in my attempt to be more focused on my job).

6) No more Star.bucks. I'm an addict. I salivate when I drive by. It's wrong wrong wrong.

* I'm deleting the applications from my i.Phone. I know if the aps are there I will be too tempted!

So there you go. Let's see what kind of insights I'm going to learn in the next four days!

p.s. Prayer Buddy, I'm gonna pray my buns of for you!!! 

8 comments:

  1. Gee wiz your list is SOOOOO long. I feel totally weak now. UGH.

    All of these? Wow, you are SOOO strong.


    I love the meditate before bed. If I only did this...there would be no complaints from me ever again.

    I must be addicted to complaning...

    Hey, I just thought of what I should do for Lent.

    Thanks for helping me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3) I have the same goal! Giving up my evening weeknight TV time for more spiritual direction.

    4) You say "pop." I love you. I get ridiculed on the east coast for saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever you're praying for this time, I can attest that she is a blessed girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have one busy Lenten season dear friend, and best of luck to you!

    I used to eat, breath, etc. Perez Hilton, but gave it up a couple years ago. It was hard, but I needed a clean break :)

    And the iphone apps?? Do you have words with friends? If so add me and we can play after Lent!


    I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't fb often. I mean I get on occasionally, but usually am too annoyed with people's comings and goings, adn need to share so much, or too envious of their sprawling families to read. BUt.....good luck to you kickin the habit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang woman! You are getting to work! Good for you love:) I hope this is all very fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspiring and positive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your spring cleaning of your soul goes well! I like how you put that!

    ReplyDelete