22 January 2011

Ouch

Mr. JB and I went to a wedding last night and I may have overindulged.

It was a cocktail reception and there weren't many JellyBelly-friendly things that I could eat. The most substantial menu items were pasta so I tried to fill up on salad and fancy cold cuts. Thank God we had cheese and crackers before we left.

I had a rough week. Heck January has not exactly been an easy month. So it doesn't surprise me that when the open bar tempted me, that I took advantage.

It has been so long since I have felt like this. I had all of these lofty ideas of what I was going to do around my disorganized house. Instead I am going to eat plain popcorn and lie around.

The one thought I had as we were leaving the reception was, "I'm glad that AF is here so I could drink at the wedding!" I wasn't even being sarcastic.

I'm going to crawl into a hole until I feel better.

[sigh]

8 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens, but glad you got to enjoy yourself last night. It's the day after that sucks...hope your on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hangovers are never fun :(. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon - fun certainly can lead to no fun at times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know it's just not me who does this once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I hate that feeling. Just enjoying the cocktails and then WHAMMO you feel like crap. For some reason it always sneaks up on me. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when that happens, too, but I bet you had a good time!!!!

    ReplyDelete