21 September 2009

I'm done

The events of the past week have finally caught up with me.

As I walked out of the hospital after my CT scan, I started to feel quite emotional. I tried to hold it together enough to get out of the parking lot without losing it, and I succeeded. I had promised myself some tasty Thai food to get me through the needle and the discomfort of having to drink the nasty contrast liquid, and even that wasn't enough.

As I drove away I just felt done. I feel so wiped out. So completely spent that I feel empty.

The reality of three hospital stays, two surgeries, an abscess (that I believe has drained) and still being infertile has caught up with me.

I feel like God is testing me. Why would He have me go through so much in such a short period of time?

While I was driving I kept on saying, "I'm done Lord. I can't do any more. I don't know what your plan is for me, but please spare me from any more pain. I just can't do it."

I need to have a good cry. I have to let these emotions out. I need to see my class and have my life go back to normal.

It isn't normal to have repeated tests done to my body. It isn't normal to be so familiar with the local hospital. It isn't normal to have to juggle three different doctors in three different locations.

I thought I was a healthy, clean living 34 year old. Not an old lady.

Not even the Pad Thai helped.

Now I know that I've hit rock bottom.

16 comments:

  1. I'm SO sorry!! It's so hard feeling like you're being hit left and right while you're down. You must feel completely drained. You have been through SOOOO much!!!

    I am praying that while you may be done, God can hopefully carry you now until you're back on your feet. I hope He can give you peace and keep you from any more pain right now. Just rest in Him and have a good cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, it is time for you to get a BREAK! I hope that all of this suffering will yield beautiful results either in this life or in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get you and was so messed up on the drive home today too - we can only take so much before we just break down, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about everything you are going through. I don't have anything to say except I'm praying for you and I hope Mr. JB is giving you lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm DONE too..>Great talking to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been through so much and you've been so strong!! It's ok to know your limits and what you can and can not take. I've faced that twice during the road to ttc.

    Just know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for better days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO sorry hon. Wish I could take some of those tests myself for you. :) I am sure that Mary had felt the same way, she might be able to help you now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the nastiest things about IF - it demands things of you that are in no way natural and more than anybody should have to take, certainly not to do something as simple and natural as have a family. I know how you feel, and I'm so sorry you're going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AYWH is right: Just let Him carry you now.
    I'm done, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know these feelings well.

    If you want to get together to yell and scream, you know how to find me.

    I hope you are feeling better today than yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can really just echo what everyone else has said... but you know we all have been there - just give it to HIm and let it out in a good cry! just when you think you've had enough, right?

    i read this part in the diary of st. faustina in adoration tonight: "You alone know the longings and sufferings of my heart, I am glad I can suffer for You, however little."

    thought it was pretty, and reading your post made me remember it.. hopefully it helps some :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, sweetie! You'll be in my prayers, that you may be granted hope, comfort, and a break from the relentless family and medical issues.

    I know that darkness--I swear, it doesn't last forever. You'll get past it. You will.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ((((JB))))

    Praying for you to be simply flooded with grace, comfort and peace. You've been through so much in so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey JB, I hope you had a good cry and pray that some major comfort (physical and emotional) come your way. You have every right to want a break. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im sorry that you are so down honey. Wish I could wrap my arms around you and give you a huge hug. I know you will get through this, you are an incredibly strong person and you will get a huge reward at the end of all of this. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    PVC Flooring Dubai

    ReplyDelete