That pesky girl over at All You Who Hope inspired me to write this, rather than mark my students' homework. She's such a bad influence.
Tee hee ;)
So here goes:
1) I hate to print which is not a good thing for a second grade teacher. I miss cursive writing so much. I have been complimented on my penmanship, but I think that it is such a pain in the butt to be neat while printing.
2) I wanted to be a doctor until I started university. I almost failed out my first year so I switched from Science to French. My grades skyrocketed and although my parents were really angry (they were in denial until I graduated), they were relieved when I decided to go to teachers' college since they had no idea what I would do with a degree in French!
3) I don't remember meeting Mr. JB for the first time. We were at an after school in-service and he noticed me but I had my blinders on so I don't remember him at all. Ha ha.
4) I listen to music really loud in my car, but I hate anything else that's loud. Loud TV commercials drive me around the bend and I hate any sort of loud voices or arguing. It's tough since Mr. JB has a naturally loud voice. I spend a lot of time asking him to lower his voice.
5) I love to exercise. If I didn't have to work full time I would work out EVERY DAY. When I was still living at home I would go to the gym five days a week. I figure it's the endorphins. I also have a fear of getting fat. It may have something to do with the fact that my mother has called me fat my entire life, even though I know that I'm not.
6) I speak three languages, but I am the worst translator EVER. I can only think in one language at a time.
7) I started my Ph. D studies while I was living in France. I left it all behind when I got into teachers' college back home. I don't regret it at all. I read some really good books and sat in on some interesting discussions.
8) If I could go back to school I'd get a Masters degree in Library Science or Art History. Have I mentioned that I love school?
9) I'm a neat freak, but I get totally overwhelmed with paperwork. I have so much to file right now that I have no idea where to start. My classroom, however, is perfectly organized.
10) I have owned only two cars in my entire life. My parents got me a car for my 18th birthday (the perks of being an only child) and then I got a new car when I was 29. I will continue to drive my car until it falls apart in the street then I am going to get a REALLY NICE car since I'm sick of driving a car that old ladies drive.
So that's it folks. I need to mark something before I fall asleep at my desk!