31 December 2008

Happiness is a good pair of pants

I joke a lot about being a pygmy, but it's only a cover for my frustration at finding clothes (namely pants) that fit me without spending a ton on alterations. Perhaps I've reached my quota of disappointment for 2008 or maybe clothes shopping at a mall rather than a grocery store is more ideal, but I am the proud owner of FIVE pairs of pants that fit me! Woohoo!!!!

The story starts on the 29th. Mr. JB and I decided to see a movie (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a fantastic movie!) and then exchange some Christmas gifts. At dinner a couple of months ago one of my girlfriends said that L.ucky jeans were the perfect jeans, so I decided to check out the store. I was apprehensive since at regular price a pair of jeans cost over $100. I only have one pair of jeans that over $40, and my mom bought them for me for Christmas! Anyhow, I walked into the store, went to the sale section and found the perfect pair of jeans at 50% off! I almost started to cry. Honestly, the jeans make me feel like a total movie star.

Then we headed to my favourite store, B.anana R.epublic and found trouser cut jeans (that I can wear to work because they are uber comfy) for $27. When I tried them on I noticed that a button was missing and they gave me 20% more off! I got brand new pants for $23! Woohoo again!!!!!

Yesterday Mr. JB and his brother and I headed to a fabulous outlet mall and I spent way too much at the B.anana R.epublic outlet (three more pairs of pants, a dress and a cute sweater plus a couple things for the mister). My poor BIL looked absolutely spent after shopping with me, but the trip was totally worth it. I do have to get the pants hemmed, but it's a small sacrifice for good looking clothes!

--------------------------

I finally got my referral for the doctor that will be doing my lap. Mr. JB got the message from Dr. T's office while I was still asleep and I had to reschedule the original appointment that was given to us. It took THREE tries to finally get through to Dr. I's receptionist -- the first time I called I got hung up on, the second I was on hold for way too long and finally the third time I spoke to someone. I'm going to have to take two afternoons off next month for my appointments plus I have my annual physical with my family doctor (yet another person poking around in my ladyparts, yay!). I'm thinking that I'm going to have to come clean with the administration of my school. I don't want the office thinking that I'm a slacker.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I met LifeHopes and her hubby P before Christmas (I'm blaming the omission on trying to post while running out the door!). It was great to meet someone that understands EXACTLY how I feel. I don't talk to many people outside of the bloggosphere about our struggles with IF, so it was great to be able to be so candid about my feelings with someone who understands what I'm going through completely. Btw, LifeHopes, it's -11C/12F and we got more snow last night!

I'm not sure if I'm going to get the chance to check back in before tomorrow (we're heading back to Niagara for New Year's), so Happy New Year to all of you! I really hope that 2009 brings more possibilities, more answers, and hopefully more hope for all of us!

Mwah!

p.s. I start the C.lomid challenge tonight. I promise not to "forget" to take it!

5 comments:

  1. It's so great to have pants that fit! I splurged on two pairs of Lucky jeans (they were 50% off, but I did get two!) right before my diet, so that was a waste!

    Have a great time in Niagara Falls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I completely understand! That is one reason I started to sew because I can never find pants that fit me. ;) I almost hate going shopping anymore because it is so hard to find clothes that fit and actually make the decision if they fit well in the store. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just returned from said grocery store with the cutest bathrobe for less than $13 dollars. Sometimes, it just feels good to get some clothes while you are there!

    Have a great New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about pants, especially jeans! My shape is pretty "weird," I guess, because my butt sticks out, but I have a thin waist... I ALWAYS end up trying on pants that if you were walking behind me, you could look right down the back into my shoes :(
    Express brand seems to fit me well. I'll have to check out Lucky jeans, too.

    Don't forget your Clomid! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    YourWordsHere

    ReplyDelete