So I've been feeling pretty crummy for over a month. I had a cold, almost got better then got sick again. I've had all of nasty cold symptoms: runny nose, congestion, cough, headache, and a sore right ear. I don't like to take over the counter medication (really, I'm taking enough drugs already, do I need to add more?), but when I went to the doctor all she said I could do was take T.ylenol C.old. Which I've been doing.
Last night after spending all weekend in bed -- I even missed the big family Christmas party that no one ever misses because I couldn't move. When Mr. JB tried to wake me up from my nap I burst into tears. Pretty pathetic, I know -- I started looking up the side effects to B6.
I know, stay away from Dr. Google, but this time I was desperate.
This is what I found:
Side effects include:
- tingling or burning sensation of the fingers or toes -- I don't have this but my hands and feet have been overly sweaty. It's been so bad that Mr. JB says, "Eeew, what's wrong with your hands why are they so clammy?"
- headache -- I've had headaches on and off with my cold, so I'm not sure if it's because of the B6
- clumsiness -- I don't think I can blame my natural lack of grace on the B6
- drowsiness -- B6 related or cold related? I have no idea, but I know that I have zero energy which is very unlike me
- nausea -- I've been feeling quite pukey every morning, but it goes away after I have breakfast.
So what do you think? Am I reacting to the B6? Going to see my doctor is the last option since she only has walk-in hours and the last time we went to her walk-in hours we waited for almost four hours.
Is my reaction normal? And do the symptoms go away? I started taking the medication on December 2nd.
Btw, I've made an appointment with my local naturapath for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully she'll have a solution to my ailments.
p.s. Parent-Teacher interviews went well. The crazy mother was just as crazy, but my principal sat in as extra support. It all boils down to support from home, if she's not willing to help out her daughter is not going to succeed. We both tried to explain that to her, unfortunately I don't think we got anywhere. How long until June?