19 March 2012

Happy Feast of St. Joseph!

St. Joseph has a very special place in my heart.

I was born at St. Joseph Hospital. He is also the patron saint of Canada. Most recently, I had my surgeries at St. Joseph Hospital in Omaha. And most importantly, I am married to a Joseph.

One of my first memories of learning about St. Joseph was a statue in the parish that I grew up in. The altar was flanked by a statue of Joseph on one side and Mary on the other. I can't recall who told me who he was, but I was fascinated by the statue of the man that held a hammer (my dad is super handy so I assumed that all dads knew how to fix things). I said many, many prayers in front of that statue and I never realized how instrumental he would be in my life.

I have blogged many times about how optimistic my husband is. I am so blessed that he has the amazing belief that we will be biological parents. I have told him many times that if it wasn't for him that I would've given up a long time ago.

So I've decided to step up my prayers to St. Joseph. I don't know why I didn't realize it sooner, but I feel called to petition him for our baby.

I'm doing this for selfish reasons as well. If I am ever blessed to have a son he will be named Joseph (like his dad and his grandfather -- it's a family tradition). I hope and pray that I get the chance!

St. Joseph, pray for us!

10 comments:

  1. I always liked joesph, he is my favorite character in the bible, just because he was such an understanding fellow. I also had 2 surgeries at st joes(Toronto) so if I had to pick a saint, I would pick him! Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it!! Petition him for a baby - he has such a kind father's heart and he will bring your prayers to God!

    I hope you get a little boy to so you can name him Joseph ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love St. Joseph too! I used to ask him to help me find a spouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will join your prayers and intentions with mine... I love St. Joseph!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Feast Day! My parish was St. Joseph for almost 30 years... so I love him too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that today was his feast day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so blessed to have a birthday on his Feast Day!! I love St. Joseph! Pray for us, St. Joseph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy feast day!! Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are petitioning St. Joseph for your baby. I believe he will deliver.
    I also marvel at all your St. Joseph situations / names / places. How COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete