5 June 2011

My aching head

This is my second Sunday in a row that I have felt awful.

Last week Mr. JB accidentally fed me something with gluten in it (and I suffered with a horrible migraine for 24 hours) and today I'm not quite sure why I feel sick. Or maybe I do.

A few weeks ago a friend from our parish mentioned that I could receive a low gluten host. This morning before mass I mentioned it to our pastor and he was able to get one for me so I could receive the host for the first time in a LONG while. I was happy receiving from the cup, but there is just something about being able to receive the bread.

I didn't feel anything instantaneously, but I have felt off all afternoon.

Mr. JB reminded me that I woke up with a headache (which I am sure is from clenching my jaw, yet another thing that I need to work on) and that my symptoms are not as severe as they were last week. There is also only a trace amount of wheat gluten in the host (from what I could find from the Internet) -- something like 0.1% gluten.

I wish that my body just worked normally.


[sigh]


p.s. I have a question regarding taking Hyd.rocort and Met.formin. I've noticed that when I take them together (which I have been doing at breakfast) that I so tired and totally not energized like I usually did before starting Met.formin. I checked Dr. Google this afternoon and it said that there is a drug interaction with regards to blood sugar. Should I be taking them apart? Help!
------------------------------------------------------------------

T Update: Mr. JB spoke to T's sister for a long time this afternoon. His wife is definitely not helping the situation (she was more concerned about the money he spent on the hotel room than she was for his safety on Friday night) at all. T's mom wanted him to go home with them on Friday night after he was released from the hospital, but he insisted that he go home to be with his three daughters. T's sister also mentioned that when the police told the family where T's general location was on Friday night it was a friend of his wife's that called the hotels in the area. T's wife also spent 15 minutes on the phone with T's mom before she mentioned that he was missing.

She didn't even ride in the same car home with him. 

I know that I'm painting a horrible picture of this woman, but she is the main reason why T is out of touch with his friends (Mr. JB was his best man at their wedding, so they were at one time, very close).

Please continue to pray for this poor man and his family. I can't imagine the environment that his children are growing up in, nor can I imagine how trapped he must be feeling.

10 comments:

  1. So sad...I'll keep them in my prayers. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so sad! I will include him in our novena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.not to defend her, as I don't know her, but I know what living with someone who is depressed is like, and sometimes, I found I just tuned out, another reason why we broke up, I was just so tired of his stuff that I was just tuned out, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In regards to GF hosts... for some reason I've gotten a lot of pressure to use these (not sure why except that I think folks just really want to be helpful and "fix" things for me :)). Up to this point I won't due to what you found through research... they do have traces of gluten in them. :( I try to remind myself that Jesus is fully present, body, blood, soul and divinity in the cup too. I wish there was a way to receive GF hosts that are really free of gluten!!!

    I will keep all in my prayers... sooo sad to see a family struggling like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not taken Hydrocort and Metformin for my infertility so I don't have any experience in that area from a NaPro perspective. But, as a pharmacist I would like to leave some advice. Hydrocort can increase blood sugars which is of course the opposite action of the Metformin. It is still important to consider this interaction even when taking the Metformin for PCOS and NOT Diabetes. I would take them spaced apart. Do you take sustained release Metformin (once/day) or regular release Metformin (twice/day)? Feel free to e-mail me if you want to "talk" meds.

    Thanks for your travel advice for Montreal. I cannot wait to visit the oratory! We all need some physical healing for sure!

    Feel better soon, prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon! I am sorry your feeling horrible on the weekends when the weather is so nice. Its not fair!!! Sounds like it was more the clenching jaw then the communion if the headache was already there in the A.M. I hope, cause your right it feels nice to take the hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am sorry that you are feeling unwell. You are so amazing for sticking to such a difficult diet. I so admire all these bloggers who are so dedicated to trying to conceive under the most difficult circumstances. I hope your friend has the courage to do what he needs to do to get well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for you pretty lady! Hang in there, "the shadow proves the sunshine..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    carpet tiles dubai

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    sisal rugs dubai

    ReplyDelete