8 June 2008

Filling time

So now that I know that it won't be all systems go for serious baby-making until the early fall, I've had fun finding things to do.

Now that summer has finally hit (it's been 33 degrees with humidity for three days) and I'm counting down until the end of the school year, I'm feeling pretty good. I've gotten all of my summer clothes out and have put away all of the lined wooly pants. I haven't worn socks in over two weeks AND my eco-grass is finally sprouting. I may even get around to planting flowers to keep my perennials company.

My favourite thing about the summer is our local dragon boat festival. I've always loved rowing, or paddling as the die-hards call it. Being on the water is my favourite thing in the world. Although I love yoga and it is an absolutely necessity to keep me sane, there is nothing like the joy that I feel when I'm paddling. We had our first practice with my team last week and we had our second and final practice yesterday. My muscles are quite sore, but I can't wait until the race on the 15th. Last year my team won a gold medal -- my first ever! If we ever won the lottery one of my first purchases would be my very own kayak, but I think that I'm going to have to settle for my own life jacket this year!

So I'm feeling at peace, for the first time since TTC. And I like it.

Let's hope that it lasts.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling at peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, now our worlds have collided, my husband is a former paddler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragon Boats!

    There's a Dragon Boat festival in Grand Marais, MN that I've always wanted to see -- let alone participate in -- how very, very cool!

    There's something healing about water -- being in it, beside it, paddling on it.

    Here's to a summer on the water...

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are feeling at peace. It's such a great place to be, isn't it? I have my set-backs, but overall I have peace and it just makes everything so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    refurbishments service abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete