18 March 2008

A little kindness

I've been pushing myself really hard as of late. 

This week alone I have way too many things on the go. Here's the laundry list:

1. I organized a school-wide retreat for the entire student body. Almost 4oo kids. Organizing teachers is a total pain. Adults have a really hard time listening, kids are so much easier to manage.

2. I'm reading in a drama performance after the school-wide retreat.

3. My class is doing another drama presentation for the entire school (parents are invited too) on Thursday.

4. I have a major assignment due tomorrow for my online course AND two other smaller assignments also due tomorrow.

5. I have report cards which I haven't even started.

6. I have to figure out how to see my family and my in-laws and fit in all of the schoolwork I have to do this weekend.

7. Try to make a baby (according to my cervical mucus, I'm very fertile right now). 

So instead of going to yoga this evening (a class that I almost never miss) I decided to take a nap. Mr. JB was very proud of me. I was very proud of me. I decided that I was going to be kinder to myself. I know that a stressed out JellyBelly is not going to make a baby, it's just going to make me crazier. 

Now I just have to get to work. Argh.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! You've got to be kind to yourself; no one else is going to do it, right? Sometimes pushing too hard, even when it involves healthful activities, is worse than laziness.

    Why you are cool: you know what a keytar is (yes!) and you involve your students and yourself in drama projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you took care of yourself when you needed it; thta's a lot of stress and commitment on your shoulders. I hope it lightens up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. grass carpets in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    repairs service abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    area rugs in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    artificial lawn in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete