22 July 2013

Why do I do this to myself?

I'm a go-getter.

Yes, I'm someone with a lot of ambition.

But it's the end of July and I have no more gas in the tank (and by the way, gas is REALLY expensive up here!).

I thought that taking a course online would alleviate stress and give me time to do other things. There are ten more days left in my class -- yes, including weekends, and I have nothing left to give.

You see, I'm taking this Religion course so I can eventually take the principal qualification courses. Mr. JB and I have discussed it. He's perfectly happy staying in the classroom until he retires, and I want to move up into administration so I can bring about much needed change.

It will also help when we retire since a principal's pension is more money than a teacher's pension.

I was all prepared and excited about the course. The first couple of weeks were even exciting and interesting.

Now I have three assignments to do tonight and I'm cracking under the pressure. I've been procrastinating all day and I just have no desire to do it. Unfortunately, most of my work is for a group project so I can't just flake out.

I'm so type-A that I wouldn't and couldn't flake out.

So please say a prayer that I can get through this. We leave for our vacation on Friday and I really just need to get to Wednesday so I can breathe again.

[sigh]

12 comments:

  1. The thought of school (or more courses of any sort stresses me out). Even our foster and adoption training stressed me out because of the classroom/homework style of the course! School is not my thing at all!!
    I pray you make it though this course and get a much needed break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers have hard jobs! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck JB! Like your hubs I am quite happy in the classroom ... but I really, REALLY value admin who is there for the right reasons. You just need to get through tomorrow... then the next day ... before you know it, you'll have a chance to relax ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Whenever I get stressed about a project, I just pray that God will guide my eyes, mind, and hands, and that He will give me the knowledge and insight I need. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! That's very ambitious of you, taking classes during vacation. I hope you finish strong and then get some well-deserved rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homework is the worst! I only have 2 weeks left in my last class for the summer and I am finding it very hard to be motivated!

    You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Principal huh? I give you a lot of credit for working on that certificate. I know all about having to do course work and not having any more in you to do it. Been there, done that. You can and will do it. Have a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Research will be the worst! My spouse and i only have 2 weeks still left inside my very last course for the summertime using this program . finding it very difficult to end up being encouraged!
    buying runescape gold
    Gold Kaufen für World of Warcraft
    RS 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete