22 July 2013

Why do I do this to myself?

I'm a go-getter.

Yes, I'm someone with a lot of ambition.

But it's the end of July and I have no more gas in the tank (and by the way, gas is REALLY expensive up here!).

I thought that taking a course online would alleviate stress and give me time to do other things. There are ten more days left in my class -- yes, including weekends, and I have nothing left to give.

You see, I'm taking this Religion course so I can eventually take the principal qualification courses. Mr. JB and I have discussed it. He's perfectly happy staying in the classroom until he retires, and I want to move up into administration so I can bring about much needed change.

It will also help when we retire since a principal's pension is more money than a teacher's pension.

I was all prepared and excited about the course. The first couple of weeks were even exciting and interesting.

Now I have three assignments to do tonight and I'm cracking under the pressure. I've been procrastinating all day and I just have no desire to do it. Unfortunately, most of my work is for a group project so I can't just flake out.

I'm so type-A that I wouldn't and couldn't flake out.

So please say a prayer that I can get through this. We leave for our vacation on Friday and I really just need to get to Wednesday so I can breathe again.

[sigh]

15 comments:

  1. The thought of school (or more courses of any sort stresses me out). Even our foster and adoption training stressed me out because of the classroom/homework style of the course! School is not my thing at all!!
    I pray you make it though this course and get a much needed break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers have hard jobs! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck JB! Like your hubs I am quite happy in the classroom ... but I really, REALLY value admin who is there for the right reasons. You just need to get through tomorrow... then the next day ... before you know it, you'll have a chance to relax ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Whenever I get stressed about a project, I just pray that God will guide my eyes, mind, and hands, and that He will give me the knowledge and insight I need. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! That's very ambitious of you, taking classes during vacation. I hope you finish strong and then get some well-deserved rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homework is the worst! I only have 2 weeks left in my last class for the summer and I am finding it very hard to be motivated!

    You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Principal huh? I give you a lot of credit for working on that certificate. I know all about having to do course work and not having any more in you to do it. Been there, done that. You can and will do it. Have a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Research will be the worst! My spouse and i only have 2 weeks still left inside my very last course for the summertime using this program . finding it very difficult to end up being encouraged!
    buying runescape gold
    Gold Kaufen für World of Warcraft
    RS 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. wooden carpet dubai

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome.curtains in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    sisal carpet cost per square foot

    ReplyDelete