So I am officially on vacation. Actually I've been officially on vacation since 3:30pm on July 22nd, but this has been my first chance to sit and blog.
I was so much happier with my curriculum writing this time around. Not only was I not dragging myself around because of adrenal fatigue, but we started writing the third day. It was also a much smaller group and there wasn't a anglophone/francophone divide like there was last summer. I learned so much professionally and I know that it will look stellar on my resume -- not to mention the $4500 that I made!
This morning I went for a whole whack of blood tests. I finally convinced my Napro doc to get me tested for MTHFR and she also repeated my thyroid panel and glucose test (which was just one blood test, I didn't have to drink the nasty drink!). I had to pay for the tests which is perhaps why she was so hesitant (it cost $105 for the antibody and Vitamin D test -- hopefully my insurance covers it!). I was hardly upset when AF arrived Tuesday night. What a difference a surgery date makes!
Speaking of surgery: I got the go-ahead to go to TCIE for my ultrasound series! It is going to save so much money to drive to see her AND I get to hang out with my buddy. Now how many can say that one of their closest friends got to wand them?
Mr. JB and I are leaving for New Hampshire on Sunday and I can't wait! We decided to take the trip in two days and it looks like we're going to drive through New York State since we're going to spend a few days in Montreal on our way home. Are there any bloggers that are in that area, or even in NH? I'd love to meet up!
I'm hoping that I will be back to my regular blogging habits, but I do have to admit that it's been a nice mental break from IF. Spinning my wheels until November 2nd is a much needed break for my weary soul.
*Update: I just spoke to one of Dr. H's nurses regarding my surgery. I asked her if it was possible if the endo/adhesion mess that is in my pelvis is really bad if my surgery would be converted from a lap to a laparotomy. I was pleading since I don't want to have to return to Omaha for a second surgery, for many reasons (I don't want to have to have TWO surgeries and the cost, yes it always seems to boil down to money). She is going to ask Dr. H to review my case again and she'll get back to me sometime next week. If my surgery is going to be more extensive, the date is going to change, but that's okay with me! Please pray that this all works out!